1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

My terrace garden

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by Shanvy, Feb 19, 2009.

1. bhucat

bhucat Platinum IL'ite

Dear Shanthi mam, i have a seriou doubt with regard to terrace gardening. IS this affects the surface like any leakages etc, because i was before kept some pots in the terrace, like tulasi, nanthiyavatai, arali etc but ours is flat system and later i thought it may affect their roofing hence i brought them down in the ground floor car parking area.
    So watering minimum amount of water also will damage the roofing? any idea?

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

i keep moving the pots around.. and i ensure i cut the roots a little when i repot.. that way i take care of the roof. and apart from that i don't allow water to stagnate.. clean up the leaves, the moss every 15 days.. right now don't have this garden dear..will be starting in a month or two when my back pain becomes manageable.

3. bhucat

bhucat Platinum IL'ite

Oh no... back pain issue, the same which i had for 3 years (only before two months i was relieved from that). Get well soon and back to normal, with lots of your garden pics. :)

4. helpvirtually

helpvirtually Bronze IL'ite

We have just started terrace gardening. My husband believes in Indian flowers and veggies to be grown only. Its a real pleasure spending time in garden.

5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

I have a on going love affair with back problem..will start once the new place is settled..
    then you will like this post of mine.. all about indian herbs.
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/gardening/76931-the-mini-pharmacy-your-garden.html#post940754