1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Story In Womans Era - Let Him Learn The Hard Way!

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, Sep 8, 2006.

1. Gem

Gem New IL'ite

Dear Varalotti sir,
    I am a new member to Indusladies. I am feeling my way around in this beautiful website. I just read this story of yours and it touched my heart, for you see I have two kids (both teenagers) and sometimes it is easier to just give them what they want.

But in hindsight, I have realised that we must be careful so as not to spoil them. It is best for them to learn good values in life. Your story has made me ponder and I am wiser. Thank you sir.

I am waiting to read all your other stories one by one.

2 people like this.
  2. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Gem,
    I am happy that you read that story and that you liked it. You see the best reward a writer can get is not a Gnanpeet or an Academy Award, but words like these coming from his readers. Thanks a lot, Gem.
    As you might be knowing I am also writing a serial entitled SHE. This serial is centred on a woman who walks out of her home and marriage in search of her identity.
    Please click this link to read the first episode.
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/saturdays-with-varalotti/7118-she-episode-1-a.html
    If you like the story you may read the subsequent episodes.
    regards,

1 person likes this.
  3. padmamadhavan

padmamadhavan New IL'ite

Hello sir,

Your writings are really good. I enjoyed reading this post.
    I think i learnt a method to tach my kid about the value of money from your writings.

I thank you verymuch for this wonderful writing.

regards,

Padma.

4. varalotti

Hello Padma,
    Thanks for your nice words. As I have been repeatedly telling in this forum, words from sincere readers like you are the great rewards I cherish; it compensates the long hours spent alone before the system, when everyone else in the house is asleep.
    I want your participation in the story SHE which appears elsewhere in this forum
    Here's the link.
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/saturdays-with-varalotti/7118-she-episode-1-a.html

regards,

5. padmamadhavan

padmamadhavan New IL'ite

Hello sir,

I will definitely chk out ur SHE story and let you know how i felt.Yesterday i read ur " will u live with me just one day?" and i was spell bound.You made the picture of every character come alive before my eyes and thinking of that little disabled girl made me sad.

Varalotti sir writing is a boon to you.Plz continue this good work.

Thanks & regards,

Padma.

6. kapuchu

kapuchu New IL'ite

Dear sir
    I read your story just now.Very nice and its true that we have to teach our children about the value of money which will help them to think twice before doing anything.

Bye
    kapuchu

7. sundarusha

sundarusha Gold IL'ite

Dear Sridhar sir,

another touching story. Today's children take too much for granted.
    I have been fortunate with my children. I used to have a tutoring center. When he really wanted to buy something, my son would come and work there and get paid just as any other assistant. This has installed good discipline in him.
    Managing money which is a very necessary lesson is never taught in schools. So if children learn from a young age to save up for something, it will prevent impulse buying at a later stage in their life.

8. dream.girl

dream.girl Silver IL'ite

Dear Varolatti sir,

Really this is a change in the Parentalhood.I never heard it before..I will definately teach to my kids when I get them inn future..

I´m only child to my Parents and I used to get everything with in a seconds what I need when I´m with them..But my dad used to live very simple life and save money for my future..

Situations has twisted in a way that now I has stay alone away from my Parents in a different country, l came to know value of the money and now I´m spending each and every Penny by thinking twice and experienced my dad y he is used to save and spend very carefully..

I´m trying hard not to lend any money from my Parents so that I can live on my foot..

Thanq so much for such a wonderful and eye opening story...:bowdown

Hugs,
    dg..

9. varalotti

Dear Usha,

I am really sorry that I overlooked your fb here for more than 3 months. I apologise for the undue delay. Only when the next fb came in I did notice your post.

I appreciate your way of doing things. Making your son work for money. That would teach him two things. One the value of money and two the value of labour.

My Dad used to give his entire salary to me and ask me to manage the expenses of the family. He would say that whatever I could save would be my own. But that was 60s and 70s and my Dad's salary was Rs. 600 to Rs.700 per month. I could save at the most,some 5Rs.

I practise that even now. If I want to buy anything I let that urge grow inside me. I never buy on impulse. If I feel the need after some days,then only I go out to buy that thing. And the only exception is books.
    thanks usha
    regards,

10. varalotti

Dear dg,
    First things first. I am worried about the ticker you have appended to your signature. With my very little knowledge of science I know a BMI of 25 is ok. But you seem to be having a target well beyond that.
    And talking of a reduction of 16.3 kgs. Take care, dg. Don't do it drastically.

In spite of being the only child and getting whatever you wanted, you have started to act responsibly when you are alone. That shows the inherent sense of values you have within you.

Take care. Don't let the pendulum swing to the other extreme. Have a nice time too with what you earn.
    love,