1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Story In the Latest Ananda Vikatan

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, Jan 21, 2010.

1. jr8671

jr8671 New IL'ite

Please post the English version. I cannot read Tamil.
    Jaya

2. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Thanks, Jaya, for the interest evinced in my story. I don't have the English version ready. will translate and post soon.
    sridhar

3. sandhiya2011

sandhiya2011 New IL'ite

Hi Varalotti Ranga Sir,
    I have been reading your stories in vigadan and one I could never forget is the story about a little kid who tonsures after her friend with leukemia loses lot of hair.It was so touching.One of best stories I can never forget.
    Can you please tell me how to send stories to vigadan,like via mail or post?

Last edited: Mar 26, 2011
  4. swarnalata.N.S.

swarnalata.N.S. Platinum IL'ite

Kathai Nanraaga irunthathu. Ezhutthu nadaiyil, engeyo koncham koncham Thiru Sujatha avargalin chhaayal .

Everyone in comments has already said, girls are like this only these days. No culture etc. Ok, i have nothing to tell , maybe girls are like that only.

Aanaal, chiru ennam onru , urutthalaaga , manasin moolaiyil asainthapadi irukkirathu.

Oru pennin kalyaana vishayatthil, Security , vaazhkaikku thevaiyaana pin- balam, ponravaithaane eppothume important items aaga irunthirukkinrana . Perumpaalum, in our arranged marriages , all elders were always,from history times itself, looking firstly for only security, security,security. which means good earning boy, or well to do family. Only second item, is how boy looks and if he got bad habits. ( some people even say, its ok, boy has some habits, 'kalyaanamaana sari aayidum !' ) Most parents reject nice , loving-nature boys if he dont have good earnings. Because they will say, we have only best intention for our daughter. After marriage, many wives tolerate irritating and rascal husbands only because he provides food-clothing-shelter ( Chen Chottru kadan ! but everyone will always religiously say thaalikku mathippu , kallaanaalum kanavan and all )
    So what have girls learned from these treditions ? To see where the best prospects is for her , for future life, and take that chance. For this, we will condem them as loose morals ?

And in one of your answers to comments here, you have written : "When you want to marry a girl who's beautiful, earning well and smart, then this is the price yiou have to pay." I feel bad you have made a general statement, putting all pretty,smart and earning girls into villain category.

Manathil pattathai sonnen. Thavarendraal, mannikkavum.

5. Padhmu

Padhmu IL Hall of Fame

very nice story sir. why pooja is so selfish ? her love is not true. give a true picture about the present generation. good.

6. varalotti

Dear Swarna,
    Sorry if my story had hurt you. I just wanted to tell that ultimately one's safety and security takes priority over all other considerations.
    Why is dowry still rampant? The girls' parents and girls prefer men earning well, well placed in life, hailing from a good family and so on. That carries a premium. You can look for a good family, a good man with no bad habits and all. But if the boy is a struggling writer how many people will be ready to marry him?
    I am not saying that this is loose morals. I am just saying that this is selfishness.
    And this is common to men and women. In fact it's worse with men. They prefer ugly, rich nagging women to poor, beautiful angels. Money has taken the top seat. Values have to give way for money.
    I didn't generalise though I talked about a general tendency which I still think is very much prevalent.
    sridhar

7. varalotti

Thats life Usha. Thats how a majority of people behave. That's world.
    sridhar