1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Story In Kumudam!

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, Apr 17, 2008.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

It's all right, Oviya, though I have to confess that I did miss you. I saw your reply to the GF post. Will respond to it soon.

Looking forward to it.

I am not magnanimous. But realisation is the most powerful punishment for a wrong doer.

Thanks for the kind sentiments.

2. varalotti

Dear Usha,
    Thanks for the nice words.
    And thanks for the b'day wishes.
    And so yours is on 28th April? Advance wishes.
    And you are a day older than me.. ha ha ha

regards,

3. varalotti

Dear Sowparnika,
    With the space constraint it is very difficulty to bring in all the details of a short story in oru pakka kathaikal.
    Vikatan had an even more difficult format. Oru Nimida Kadaikhal. The stories have to be just half a page in length. About a dozen of my stories got published in that format. Recently Vikatan brought out a compilation of 101 Oru Nimidakkathaikal. I was happy to see one of my stories in that compilation.
    You used the right word. Jolt. Yes that's it. As Vanaja said, "nachnu" irundhathu. Jolt is the exact English equivalent.

What you have written is sadly true, Sowparnika. I just accept it without even a murmur of opposition.

Using cowdung for cleaning may not be necessary for the modern floors. But I still feel that they are necessary for the modern minds. With lizol and phenyle many will volunteer. But to be able to do with cow-dung is the ultimate penance.
    I heard a friend of mine describing this scene - A social worker was feeding a mentally deranged person. My god! I could not eat for the whole day. But these are all the acts that jolts our ego and leads us in the path of spiritual growth.
    thanks for the fb, Sowparnika.

regards,

4. varalotti

You are most welcome, GF.

That's about the only knack I seem to have (which also fails at times, for my rejection rate is 60% plus) and pray that I use it to the full.

regards,
    your BF

5. varalotti

6. Oviya

Oviya Silver IL'ite

7. varalotti

Dear Devika,
    You are most welcome.
    I have also heard about Gandhiji's sons and his personal life. With all respects to the Mahathma, I feel that it is more difficult to be the father of one single child than to be the father of a nation of one billion.
    I know a lady who took some 14 children from the slum to see a movie. But in her life she has not taken any of her sons out.
    Now the sons have grown up and give a damn to her mother. She has learnt what life is. But it's too late.

thanks, Devika for your kind words.
    love,

8. varalotti

You are right, Meenakshi. A job done at home is always thankless. Though it is priceless in terms of value added.
    There are several acts for which we cannot expect gratitude. That's where we should develop a mother's attitude. A nursing mother does not expect her child to thank her every time after the feeding. Here its the mother's nature to give and the child's nature to feed.
    If only we can develop this attitude to our day to day activities.....

regards,

9. varalotti

You are most welcome.

10. varalotti

Dear Vinoran,
    Thanks a lot for posting the story. I never thought about the junior members not being able to open the attachment.
    My request to you and all the junior members is to start posting regularly and achieve the seniority status.
    thanks once again for the kind words.
    love,