1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Story In Kumudam!

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, Apr 17, 2008.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vanaja,

Believe me, this was the comment I was looking for. Thank God, you gave it. Thanks a lot.

You are right Echil edupathu punyam. In Srivaishnava tradition Bhagavatha Uchistham (devotee's echal) is considered as a prasadam.
    There's a touching incident in Sri Ramanuja's life. He had invited Thirukkachi Nambi for lunch. Ramanujar had a plan to eat in the echil ilai of Thirukkachi Nambi.
    TK Nambi (In Kancheepuram that street is still called TK Nambi Street) belonged to a lower caste.
    TKN knew of Ramanuja's plans. He did not want R to eat his left over. So he visited the house pretty early when R was still at the temple.
    R's wife did not like serving food to TKN in the dining room. She made him sit near the gate and gave him food. TKN took his echil ilai, disposed it and went away.
    R's wife applied cow dung in that place and cleansed it.
    Ramanuja came home later and after knowing what happened he started crying and sobbing. He shouted at his wife for she had insulted a devotee of God. In Srivaishnava tradition Bhagavatha Dosham is a thousand times worse than Bhagavat Dosham.

I am happy and proud to know that you always volunteer for that service. You will always be blessed.
    regards,

2. varalotti

I have not been writing for mags for almost a year. And suddenly one of my fans (a woman, ex-bank officer on VRS) called me up and almost commanded me to write something for a popular magazine. I saw this incident when I was flying to Singapore. And just extrapolated it with the DIL unwilling to clean her MIL's plates.

Your observation about workplace and irritation and menfolk are perfectly right.

Thanks

I want to think of some romantic reason like that. But as an accountant I can only presume that the mag got a last minute ad. But before including it the mofussil editions got printed. (as they are printed a day earlier so that all editions are released simultaneously). So they included the ad in the Chennai edition and the story in the other editions.

Thanks for the fb, Sudha.
    regards,

3. varalotti

Dear Lakshmi,
    Thanks. The problem these days is the near complete disappearance of love in all the relationships. In fact closer the relationship greater the loss of love.

People do things only out of fear, as it happened in the case of this airhostess dil.
    thanks again,
    regards,

4. varalotti

Hi Oviya,
    Nice to see you after a while. I did not want to punish her. I just wanted those who read the story realise what she has been doing. Thanks Oviya.

Oviya, my b-day is on the 29th April. My birth star is Pooram and 17th of April was Chithrai Pooram. Hence Sunkan wished me on my star b'day.
    Thanks for the kind wishes.
    regards,

5. varalotti

When my GF requests how can I refuse?
    It's coming soon, my GF. stay tuned.
    regards,

6. varalotti

Sriniketan,

Thanks. You are right. With our children we should use all the four sama bedha dhana dandam to get things done.

My birthday is on 29th April. 17th happened to be my star birthday. Thanks for your kind wishes.
    regards,

7. varalotti

My Dear GFs,
    Here's the English Translation of my story:

I was getting down the stairs when I heard the conversation from my landlady’s house.
    “Mythili, why don’t you clean the plates? The flies are swarming.”
    “Why should I? Do you think I got married to your son only to clean your dirty plates?”
    The daughter-in-law of the house was picking up a fight as usual. Even I, a mere spectator, was hit by her strong words.

I had to go to Mumbai the very next week. The time was short and I had to fly. As soon as the craft started to cruise breakfast was served. The old man sitting next to me was sick. Soon after he finished eating he started vomitting. I had to buzz for the stewardess.

She came running with a smile. I was shocked. The daughter-in-law of the landlady. I was just observing her working. She patiently wiped the vomit from the old man’s clothes, graciously accepted his thanks and started walking away with style.

The old man could never for his life understand why I was laughing so much.

8. srinivasan_vanaja

srinivasan_vanaja Gold IL'ite

I am very happy to deliver that comment and deserves too. Thank God, I am able to give you what you wanted.

Yes truly, I am aware of that incident from Saint Ramanuja's life.

Since you have said that I will always be blessed, I need to admit one thing here. Once, even I retorted with my mom, like the DIL of your story. But was advised by my aunt that it was a Punyam and realized.

Do I deserve those blessings?

9. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,

Read the story as soon as you posted it, but got sidetracked when it came to posting my comments. i loved it.

My patti used to tell me that in those days, girls were considered to be " jack of all trades" if they could master the art of echil ittufying. That is using minimal amount of water and cleaning up with precision. So being the youngest GD at one time, i had this training. Now i volunteer to do it whenever the occasion arises. Good exercise too . Of course these days, when every one is eating buffet style or on the dining table, the concept of Echal has also changed.

V

10. Oviya

Oviya Silver IL'ite

Sorry Varalotti, for staying off. Actually, my reply to your 'Will you be my GF?' was half ready on the same day. But, got so busy that I couldn't reply your threads as I wanted to think for sometime before replying. Have been reading all. Will come up with one by one.

People get that naturally, 'murpagal seyyin pirpagal vilaiyum'. I can't be magnanimous with her or in right words with that kind of mentality. Hope you are so magnanimous.

Thanks for informing your B'day, Varalotti. Actually, I searched in your profile reading Sunkan's post. Couldn't find there. Didn't want to miss your day, though.