1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Story In Kumudam!

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, Apr 17, 2008.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sundari,

By this line you have stirred a mild storm in the tea cup. But I am going to reply to this only to the GF who asked about it.

That's precisely the problem. I know a woman who will never do any work at home. Her sons would come home from school famished. But she will not be there. She will be busy feeding the slum children. Height of idiocy.

thanks for the fb, Sundari.
    love,

2. varalotti

Re: my love and hers

Dear Bhargavi,
    Thanks a lot. But I just want to know whether you were able to read the story? It is here in this thread.
    Thanks a lot for your kind wishes.

regards,

3. varalotti

Dear Aishwarya,
    Thanks.
    The crux of the story is that people do not hate any work per se. They just hate the format. As a stewardess, in the craft, in front of a hundred passengers and her fellow-crew, her work will be appreciated. The passenger thanks her profusely.
    It is the same work. In fact it's less of a botheration because in the aircraft she had to wipe off what the passenger had vomitted. While at home she had to just clean the plates.
    But there is nobody to acknowledge, let alone appreciate her service at home. That frustration comes out as strong words.
    Thanks for the fb, Aiswarya.

regards,

4. varalotti

Dear Lalitha,
    thanks for the extraordinary trouble taken to read the story in Tamil. Well, I plan of posting an English translation for the benefit of some of my GFs. If I had known about your difficulty in reading Tamil, I would have asked you to wait to read the story.
    Thanks for the nice words about the story.

Actually the DIL talks back to her MIL and her husband. They cut down a few lines from the story. The person who is watching the incident and then seeing the DIL in the plane is the protoganist, who lives in the upper portion of the same house.

love,

5. varalotti

Thanks a lot, Nandhu.

regards,

6. varalotti

Dear Usha,
    Thanks. Thanks a lot.
    regards,

7. varalotti

Dear Devika,
    You are right. To see ones own words in print is the greatest reward for a writer. But that was before I joined IL. Now the greatest reward for me is the appreciation coming from GFs like you in IL.
    Thanks for the kind words.
    I shall certainly post a translation of the story to enable you read it.

Thanks once again,
    regards,

8. varalotti

Sriniketan,
    A story, especially an one-pager like this one (I took exactly 5 minutes to write the story and another five minutes to print, pack and send it across) will be a success only if it takes a different look at the known reality. If it talks of some unreal things, or if it just takes the most usual hackneyed look at reality, it fails miserably.
    I can understand the attitude of your girls.
    We also need to look deep into ourselves, Sriniketan. When the neighbour asks your girls a favour, she talks to them nicely, promises them money and at the end of the work, appreciates it. But when we ask our child (or our husband or our wife or our mother or sister) to do something, we assume that we have the right to ask and they have a duty to do. This comes out in the way we talk to them. And that irritates them as well.

Again it depends on how the mil treats her and how she makes the request.

Thanks for the fb
    regards,

9. varalotti

Dear Sindhuja,
    thanks. You are right. Whatever anger and frustration we can't show at our office we show to our near and dear at home. That's the harsh reality today.
    thanks for the fb.
    regards,

10. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Sridhar,
    Accept my birthday wishes.. at first....:party:gift

Now we will talk about our pet's case..

The case in our house is different..regarding taking care of our pet..

When we talk smoothly and nicely....naama thailae milagai araippargal...konjum adhatti----velliyae adoptionuku kodutta poroam nu reeel vittadhan velai nadaukkum...
    ( because they promised us to take care if we adopted that pet)..

sriniketan