1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Story in Dinamalar Varamalar

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, Oct 18, 2009.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Thanks, Meenakshi. When you ask "Varalotti Sir, Eppadi Sir inthamathiriyellam think pannarel." I am tempted to boast, "You know one day when I was just walking in the terrace this idea came to me... blah blah blah.." But that's not the fact at all. I heard a similar incident from a paint shop owner and just created a woman character to build a story around it.
    My heroines are always good in nature. If they are bad in nature, won't you call them villies, Meenakshi Madam? ha ha ha just kidding. Please don't mistake me.
    I am happy that you are happy about my heroines being good.
    sridhar

2. varalotti

Dear Radhi,
    thanks a lot. I don't like soft heroines. In fact my heroine Shalini in my serial SHE is really a dare-devil.
    The twist appears nice because I first thought of the twist and then wove a story around it. In fact many of us writers use the same technique. You know it is like buying the blouse piece first and then looking for a matching saree. Somehow it works in the writing business.
    Thanks for the nice words, Radhi.
    sridhar

3. rose2000

rose2000 Silver IL'ite

Read the story. Lovely story, really enjoyed it.

4. varalotti

Thanks for reminding me, Anusha. I do have it and have posted it in this thread. Do read that and let me know what do you think of the story.

cheers,
    sridhar

5. varalotti

Dear EQ,
    Thanks. Fortunately in this case I had the English translation ready with me as I first wrote the story in English.
    That's a very valid point. I know a lot of women bosses and many times I have raised this question within my mind. Sometimes when they are known to me I have openly asked them. They say that in the Indian setting unless the woman boss shouts and displays anger the male subordinates might take her for a ride. It's her defence mechanism.
    Ultimately not only she proved to the world that she is smart but also demonstrated the compassion in her heart. That makes her a great human being.
    I am happy you liked the story.
    love,
    sridhar

6. varalotti

Most of our sufferings are due to lack of our awareness. I have seen this in many offices - even high ranking officials go about their work in a mechanical, robot-like fashion without applying their mind. And that's always a problem as it happened to Raghu.
    Thanks a lot for your kind words.
    sridhar

7. varalotti

Thanks a lot Shree. I did not translate it now. I had it already in my system. So I could post it the moment someone asked for it.

thanks once again,
    sridhar

8. varalotti

dear sreedevi,
    you got it right. When you want to write a short story especially you should first finalise on the twist. That's like fixing the bride groom. The other things like fixing a marriage hall, buying jewellery etc. can be done afterwards.
    I appreciate your powers of observation. If you want to write a story adopt this strategy. You will never fail to impress the reader.
    thanks, sreedevi.
    sridhar

9. varalotti

Dear Sowmya,
    thanks a lot. I am happy that you liked the story.
    regards,
    sridhar

10. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

Sridhar Sir

Ultimate Story!!! Excellent!! Superb......Very nice story with morals....Felt happy to read this one today morning!!!:2thumbsup: