1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Story In Dinamalar - Vaaramalar

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, Apr 20, 2008.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

My Dear Friends,
    I am pleased to tell you that my short story entitled "unakku ennappa venum" has appeared in today's Dinamalar - Vaaramalar supplementary edition.

I am giving the link to the site which contains the story and also attaching a pdf file containing my story.

Here's the link

தினமலரà¯

Please read it and let me know what do you think.

love,

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 20, 2008

2. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sridhar,
    As I was holding dinamalar to start reading, I happened to read your post in the new posts.
    This is totally & refreshingly different from the stories, you have been writing of late.
    After HE & SHE, you are getting ready for Swamiji - perhaps your story on Guru kadaksham is a "trailer".
    Such incidents reinforce our belief that we must have complete confidence in our prayers - very often we jump to conclusions, lacking patience, showing that we are "miserably human" when panic strikes!!
    A good one, Sridhar.
    Love,
    Chithra.

3. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

Dear sridhar,
    thank u for this story i know it reinforces the belief well into human, when we read this there are many such incidents in life of a person which endorses the presence of the supreme in us, and shows us how silly we are to be petrified with our situations when the guru or lord is always there.

not many are blessed with a guru whom we can go and sometime get more enlightened, still god has his ways of conveying his message in his own way, this is out of experience of such incidents in my life...regards sunkan

4. prishen

prishen Bronze IL'ite

Dear Sridhar Sir,
    Read your story in Dinamalar. Very Nice!!. "Gurukitaeyum, Bhagavaan Kitaeyum onnumae kaeka vendaampaa. Aavaala paathu unaku enna venumo, atha tharuvaa" - Very true. Many a times in our life, we think "Why alone me..why don't he heed to my prayers..." But Bhagavaan always have his own ways of answering our prayers..We need to have full full faith in our prayers... As I read through the story, somehow I feel that this is true for "Parents" as is for Guru and Bhagavaan.
    I enjoyed reading the story...

Cheers
    Priya

5. Ushakrishnan64

Ushakrishnan64 Silver IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,
    I feel like I am back from Tirupathi after having a wonderful Dharshan!! That is the power of your words.
    For a moment, our hero acted just like any father would act under similar circumstances. Again, with the Lord's will, his faith supercedes his emotions. Your description of the Guru reminded me of Paramacharya..
    God bless you to create many many writings..

Regards
    USHA

Last edited: Apr 20, 2008
  6. sundarusha

sundarusha Gold IL'ite

Dear Sridhar sir,

When all things are going well in our life, instead of thanking God for making it possible, we become egoistic thinking we have achieved all because of our sheer hardwork. Whereas , when we hit turbulence in life, we start bargaining, begging and even getting bitter.
    Enjoyed the story. Please delight us with more!

7. prana

prana IL Hall of Fame

Hello sir,

Yesterday I read that story first.When I saw your name in that story I was so much exhausted and told to my hubby that he s a member of IL community.

The story was so good and u narrated well..........Bow.

8. lakshmi05

lakshmi05 Silver IL'ite

Hi Sridhar Sir,

I enjoyed reading your story in Dinamalar-Vaaramalar.
    Nice one.
    Well written.

Expecting many more.

Cheers,
    Lakshmi.

9. Sindhuja

Sindhuja Silver IL'ite

Dear Varalotti sir,
    I enjoyed reading the story. Your narration was so good that it just took me to Tirupathi directly. Thank you for that! Bow

Lord Srinivasar is everything for me. When I was young, my family used to visit Tirupathi frequently. My dad and my brothers used to go with Jeeyar (in the early morning) to get the Kan Kolla Katchi (wonderful darshan). Appa andha naal fulla perumal sevaiyai patriye sollindu irruppa. Thank you for bringing back my memories too!

"Gurukitaeyum, Bhagavaan Kitaeyum onnumae kaeka vendaampaa. Aavaala paathu unaku enna venumo, atha tharuvaa"
    My DH never asks anything to God, but I always demand and complain. Will try not to. Hope I change(?).

Thank you, for the wonderful story!

best regards,

10. Sowparnika

Sowparnika Silver IL'ite

dear varalotti sir,
    thanks a lot for sharing the beautiful story...very moving one...isn't it true that faith moves mountains....as the Lord says in the Gita,"maam ekam charanam vraja", we only have to surrender ourselves to Him, and He takes care of our life...found this coming true many times in my life...my dh is even better than me...even if i sometimes exibit the slightest symptoms of a "why me" syndrome, he immediately stops me and says there is no use worrying about something over which one has no control...and always says that God will give us what we need...

once again,thanks for the lovely story...very vivid description...for a few minutes,you take us to Tirupati....