1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Story In Anandha Vikatan!

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, May 22, 2008.

1. subhsk

subhsk Senior IL'ite

Hi Sri.

Nice Story....... Well yennaku Tamil konjam kashtamdhan ( MDU -KV student, but can spk fluently),Still like the language(Mother..oops... parents tongue aachay)... yehdho siruvar malar padhichu kathukitta tamil la.... padichayn.

Romba arumai..... But All I had in mind at climax is the same thought of ur dad. From the point of view of Malathy It will be really shocking if she knows that atlast the mobile slips into the hand of her sis-in-law... Nanban ippo yenna idea thara poraan - Cellphonukum..... FM vaylaikum?? ;-)

Cheers!!!!!!!
    SK

Last edited: Jun 4, 2008
  2. Jayani

Jayani New IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,

Is this story available in English?
    I dont know tamil and after reading the feedback from ilite members I am so eager to know what the story is about..........is it possible for you to translate it in english?
    Waiting for your response

3. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Sridhar,

pathelea ippo......... idhukku dhan naan appove sonnein...... oru Bangalore ponna tamil padikavachacchu ippo innum onnru. Idhe state continue anna neega profession mathika vendithu dhan.

idhu eppadi irrukuHarhar

4. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Jayani,
    Now that you have requested a translation, I shall do it. But please give me some time. As soon as I finish my other writing commitments I shall translate the story and post it here.
    Thanks for the interest evinced in my writings.

love,

5. Jayani

Jayani New IL'ite

Thank you Sridhar,.....................I hope you dont mind when i respond you only by name and dont add any suffixes (like sir, etc)..........:)
    It doesn't mean that I don't respect you, only thing is I am not used to it.....the places I worked in (back in India as well), everyone asked me to call them by names,hence.............
    Thank you once again for taking an effort to translate the story in english.....take your own time.....currently I am reading your story "He".......such a beautiful narration.............you know what.........after my 12th grade, I have never showed any interest in reading stories as I always felt, fictional stories are never close to real life and its waste of time to read them....BUT the way you narrate each and every story, I am getting addicted to them......:)

6. varalotti

In fact I wanted to thank you for calling me sridhar. I have been telling these gals to call me sridhar; but they won't listen. You know Jayani, even my daughter calls me sridhar. This sir, madam, ji, all look very formal and artificial.
    Of all my creations in IL I love HE the best. In fact I am now translating HE into Tamil. It is likely to come as a Tamil book.
    Thanks for the nice words, and yes, thanks for calling me sridhar.
    regards,

7. Jayani

Jayani New IL'ite

Dear Sridhar......I just finished reading "He"........well, I work for a bank and whenever i get some free time i get into this site, and since the time I started reading your stories, I am spending more time on this site than working :))
    What a wonderful story is "He".........the ending is simply superb. Your stories have everything including spirituality, which i truly love.....
    Are there any stories of yours which are mainly focussed on spirituality? Pls. let me know, I would love to read them all....

Regards

8. varalotti

Dear Jayani,
    Thanks a lot for reading HE and I am really happy that you liked the story. While I am happy that you could spend time reading the story, I need to tell you, please be careful with your work, and your bosses.
    I am thrilled to see that you are interested in spiritual stories. For starters I would suggest you reading the following posts of mine, in the same order I have given below:
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/wednesdays-with-varalotti/27269-another-love-story-you-time.html
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/w...27701-there-anything-more-beautiful-than.html
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/wednesdays-with-varalotti/27975-we-have-sinned-acharya.html
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/saturdays-with-varalotti/28443-yet-another-love-story-time.html
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/w...ti/28652-now-perfect-ending-perfect-love.html

You may also click on the index to my posts (the link below my signature) and choose what to read.
    Thanks Jayani.
    regards,

9. meenakshirajan

meenakshirajan Silver IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,
    Still laughing. Where did you get these kind of ideas? Sridhar We have to be very careful with these kind of people. "Kutramulla nenju kurukurkkum' may be because of that Vasu was checking her handbag etc, etc.

But in my place it is the other way round. My husband is asking me to get a mobile but i am not interested. Anything fishy? oh, should check up
    Meenakshi

10. varalotti

Dear Meenakshi,
    When I was buying a new mobile for my wife I was confused with the features like fm radio, camera etc. And then I had the idea to combine fm radio and the mobile and this story was born.
    Sujatha has used this technique in many of his stories. You make the readers suspect one character till the very end. In the last line you shift the blame to a seemingly innocent party. The effect that it will create will be tremendous.
    Get a mobile, Meenakshi. You will never know what you are losing till you get a mobile for yourself.
    But your statements did make me have a good laugh right in the morning.
    love,
    sridhar