1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Story In Anandha Vikatan!

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, May 22, 2008.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Varloo,
    Thanks for the Ada paavi once again. You are right such love triangles and illicit relationships always end in a tragedy in real life. This kind of double-crossing was first experimented in writing by Roald Dhal. His story was an inspiration to me.
    That was a beautiful summing up,Varloo.
    regards,

2. varalotti

Dear Sudha,

Thanks again for Ada paavi. The story-line is pretty old. It is embedded in our proverb, thirudanukku thel kottina maathiri. Only the field is new.
    When we think of technology we think of computers, fm radios and cell phones (soon all the three will be available in a single toy).We should also stop to think of the confusions they create, the moral depravity they may facilitate and the relationship problems they may enable.

Happy that you liked the story

regards,

3. varalotti

hello sathya,

thanks for making me think about the additional twist in the story. In fact my Dad was so carried away by the story that he wanted to add, "Suganthi is after all,Vaasu's own sister."

I bow down to your firm principle of not encouraging stories involving an illicit relationship. I too am not for it. But as a writer I cannot ignore the harsh realities.

When I started to write I had a twin-fold objective - to awaken the feelings of love for fellow creatures - manitha neyam and two to understand the workings of the human mind.This story falls into the second category.

thanks for the fb, sathya.
    regards,

4. varalotti

Dear Aishwarya,
    Thanks a ton for the ADA PAAVI. And thanks for the nice words. I am very happy to see that you liked the story.
    regards,

5. varalotti

Veedu vitta office
    office vitta veedunnu
    romba samatha irukkaravanga kitta than
    romba jagrathaiya irukkanum.
    adhu sari 'jilpans' thamizh vaarthaiya?
    thamil dictionaryla paathen kaanome?
    thanks Jaya.

6. varalotti

Dear Lalitha,
    I can lift my collars in pride that I have a bangalooru ponnu to read Tamil. And these days you don't express any difficulty in reading Tamil. When you come here in August, I'll give you a lot of my Tamil books, so that you will become fluent in reading Tamil.
    And before I forget thanks a lot for Ada Paavi.
    Ladies can keep so many things secret. There are ladies who keep fully blown affairs as secrets. But don't ask me how to. I don't want to earn your husband's enmity.
    There was a condition of mutual mistrust and as Varloo said each deserved the other.
    And Vaasu wants to have a cake, eat it too and then want one more. How is it?
    thanks for the fb, lalitha.
    love,

7. swarnalata.N.S.

swarnalata.N.S. Platinum IL'ite

Dear Sir
    Anantha Vikatan patrikaiyil paditthen. The illustration shows some blood splash and i thought some murder mystery. But you have written bigger mystery ! Mystery of human nature. Who to believe who not to believe.WitsendNo bad habits, gives wife money to spend thaaraalama, veedu vitta office, office vitta veedu, intha poonaiyum paal kudikkumaa ? Then, BANG !

Ippadi oru climax ethirpaarkavillai ! Paavi manushan utthama purushanaa vesham kattikittu, kadasiyiley kaattittaanya velaiyai !.....this is why he said wife should not go to job ? Paambin kaal pambu ariyumaam ! thaan petra "jilpaans- inbam" penjathi petru vida koodathunnu appadi oru ushaar pola !
    But after reading story i became very :shock:. enga veetiley kooda avanga veedu-vitta-office type poochi thaanga. Ana, silappo overtime seiyyararu ........seivathaha solraarungo ! ayyoda !

8. sathya

sathya Gold IL'ite

hello sridhar

i also thought of adding
    what your dad said
    (he is a great mind reader?)
    but then who wouldnt
    remember sils name?
    a friends name would have been fine
    or better still her sisters name...!!!

and is malathy and vasu
    the only names
    i find one more story
    in kalki
    with the same pair of names
    aahaha

sathya

9. Jayalakshmi Mohan

Jayalakshmi Mohan New IL'ite

Jilpans onnum thamizh vaarthai illa!
    I think, it is one of 'thengai Srinvasan's' slang!
    'udans', 'jalsa' maadiri!

10. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,

I think cell phone already has a built in computer and fm and here also a mobile tv with the german channels! :hide: Not to mention the camera and video....finally the phone is not only for talking.......he he!