1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Stories Published in Womans Era and Anandha Vikatan

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, Sep 29, 2005.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Members,
    Anandha Vikatan (a leading Tamil Magazine - as of now leading in circulation in Tamilnadu) has published my short story "Visaranai" in its issue (cover date) 2/10/2005)
    Womans Era Sep I issue has published my story "Bland Reprisal" - they have given my real name as the author's name (R.Sridharan)
    If you can lay your hands on these magazines and read these stories, please send in your comments.
    regards,
    sridhar
    varalotti

2. Lakshmivinoth

Lakshmivinoth Senior IL'ite

I have read your short story in Anandha Vikadan (Oct 2nd Issue)

Dear Sridhar

I regularly buy Anandha Vikadan. I usually don't go thro the stories published in it. Moreover, I am not that fond of reading. But I have a flair for short stories and that motivated me to read all your short stories in this site and I really enjoyed each and every bit of it. Hence, I madeup my mind to read your short story (Visaranai) in Anandha Vikatan. I would rank it in 3 "S" - Short, Sweet and Smart (Because it had a very smart ending. The DSP was very very smart) and you can never assume the climax till the end. I will make sure to read all your stories in Anandha Vikatan. Also, I buy WE occationally. I will try not to miss your stories in WE as well.

I must say that you are doing an excellent job by sharing all your short stories with Indus Ladies. Keep up your good work. You see, I am a working woman living in Dubai. My work life is very hectic and whenever I am tired during my work, I take a break to read your stories and refresh myself. :)

Regards

Lakshmi Vinoth

3. varalotti

Thanks A Ton, Lakshmi

Dear Lakshmi,
    thanks a ton for reading my story and promptly replying to my post. I am happy to note that you relished the twists in Visaranai. I am happier still to note that my stories have refreshed you. I am now convinced that the late night hours spent alone in writing have not gone waste.
    Please read the story Love Letter posted in this section. You may also take part in the competition.
    Love Letter was my first story in Anandha Vikatan which appeared in May 98. The story is about the love-pangs of a newly married woman whose husband goes to Gulf immediately after marriage. Many of my women readers have been able to relate to the heroine of the story in one way or other.

regards,
    sridhar

4. Lakshmivinoth

Lakshmivinoth Senior IL'ite

Dear Sridhar

I am very happy to receive your instant reply. I had read "Love Letter" yesterday and wanted to post my reply on that today. I have already posted my opinion.

Regards

Lakshmi Vinoth.

5. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Visaranai...in Ananada Vikatan

Hello Sridhar,

Read the latest short story of yours. As usual the story hasd a flow and was interesting till the climax. Once again the climax was the best as always. The clever way in which the DSP turns the table on this wily Auditor was worth an applause, which of course you deserve! I noticed that the dialogues were also meaningful and leading the story in the right direction.
    By any chance is there a connection to any of this incident from your dealings....you too happen to be an auditor !( I hope you don't have any ministers like that as your clients...better still you can now be careful when dealing with Clever DSP's ..ha ha !)

Keep up the good work! Yet to read the Woman's Era story!

Regards,

6. varalotti

Thanks a Lot, Sudha

Thanks a ton for your prompt mail. To be honest I don't have clients like that. You might have observed that I made a small distinction in the profession of the main character of the story. though he is described as an auditor, he is not actually a chartered accountant but only an Income Tax Practitioner. To say it in medical parlance, while we are the MBBS doctors, they are the RIMP Doctors.
    Thankfully the story is entirely a product of my imagination and has nothing to do with the real experiences. Some of my friends have clients from politics; but somehow I am not quite comfortable with that Group.
    If you can't get the womans era story I'll post it on the site or mail it to you.
    regards,
    sridhar

7. varalotti

My Stories in Anandha Vikatan Deepavali Malar

Anandhavikatan has brought out a wonderful Deepavali Malar (as in last year). Two of my one-page stories have been published. One is entitled "Anugundu" (Atom Bomb) and is published under my real name R.Sridharan. Another "Chara Vedi" (a serial cracker - if I may liberally translate the title) has been published in my pen name "Varalotti Rengasamy"
    Those of you who can lay your hands on the Deepavali Malar may read them and post your views in this thread.
    thanks for your time,
    sridhar

Last edited: Oct 24, 2005
  8. varalotti

My Story in the latest Anandhavikatan

The latest Anandhavikatan (Issue Cover Date 6/11/2005) carries my story "Manaiviyin Kadalan". As the name suggests it deals with the problems of a woman. I will be grateful if you can read the same and post in your comments.
    sridhar

9. Sharada

Sharada Senior IL'ite

Please translate!

Please translate the latest story from Ananda Viketan. It sounds very intriguing from what I've gathered through the other responses.
    Bland Reprisal conveyed a serious message about the importance of sexual compatability and understanding in marriage, in a lighthearted manner. Usually WE stories don't appeal to me - in that particular issue, yours was the only story I read (and that too I didn't know that your real name was Sridhar!). That story made me think. Can't say that I actually liked it - but it was like Maggi Hot and Sweet - different!
    Sharada

10. varalotti

Will Do That Sharada!

Will definitely do that, Sharada. Give me a week's time and I'll post the translation. I assure you that it won't be a Maggie Hot and Sweet Chilli sauce. It will be just hot chillies! I am just waiting for those members (Like Meena and Lakshmi) who can read it from Vikatan. Then I'll post the translation. I am also preparing another garam masala story which I will post it as a new thread either before or immediately after Diwali.
    sridhar