1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My son refuses to eat rice when i feed him

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by priyank, Jan 12, 2012.

1. priyank

priyank New IL'ite

Hi All,

It is not a serious problem but it is causing a lot of heart burn for me. My son refuses to eat rice when i feed him. But eats well with others like my Sister-in-law or my friend while they are feeding their kids.

I tried sitting with them and then feeding him amidst the other kids. But he refuses when i feed him. But opens his mouth while my SIL feeds him.

I have no problems with the other foods only with rice.

Its so embarrasing. Why is he refusing it with me.

Any thoughts!

2. jaanu143

jaanu143 Gold IL'ite

hi priyank,
    Dont worry.. I think some children hav that... even my friend's daughter rejects when her mother feeds.... but eats when I or her nanny feeds... Just try to spend as much time as possible with him if u r a working women... Becoz they get close to relatives or care takers at that time...

3. priyank

priyank New IL'ite

Hi Jaanu,

Thank you for your reply. I am a working women but after office i dedicate my entire time with him. He spends time with my SIL or my friend(who only comes once in a while) for a very short time.

But I feel so let down when he does that. I feel that i have failed as a mother.

Thanks again for your reply

4. jaanu143

jaanu143 Gold IL'ite

hi priya,
    Dont feel bad.... spend as much time as possible... otherwise can do one thing... u try to feed both their children and also ur kid...

1 person likes this.