1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Son Crying A Lot In School

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by kshema, Jun 14, 2017.

1. kshema

kshema Bronze IL'ite

Hii...
    My son is three years old and I joined him to pre school.. From the beginning itself he is crying.. From two weeks the frequency is not reduced.. He is crying more and more. In the school teacher is telling that he is the only one who is crying and other children are not crying.. I feel very heavyvhearted when I leave him and comeback.. In the house also I feel his crying voice(just my imagination) He is very sensitive like me.. Thinking of keep him at home for this year.. He learnt alphabets a to z with identification rhymes numbers and all.. I left d job to take care of him. He started talking little late. Know also he don't understand many things.. Please suggest.. Please

2. Umanga

Umanga Gold IL'ite

I don't understand. Why does he have to go to this place? Why can't he stay at home with you? I am sure there are kids in your area he can play with.

3. bhagya85

bhagya85 Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    How is the pre-school? Is there lot of fun activities there? How is his teacher with the kids?
    what are your kids favourite activities like swimming,dancing?

Some ideas I can suggest are,
    1)If the school is not kid's friendly with lot of fun,then probably try changing school.
    2)Try to get contact with parents of kids studying in his class and make him spend some time with them so that he finds comfortable in the class.
    3)Keep discussing about fun things in the class and show some videos of kids playing the pre-school.
    4)Give him some claps and praises if he comes smiling from class.

Don't worry he'll be alright..every mother faces this stage with same pain

sindmani likes this.
  4. fourthaugust

fourthaugust Gold IL'ite

For how long does he stays there?
    Try to send him only for short period like 40 minutes and then slowly increase the time he spends there. Mu son used to cry a lot so that's how I did initially.

sindmani and ParvathiRatish like this.
  5. ashneys

ashneys Platinum IL'ite

Three is a good age for pre school. Kids are ready by 2-2.5 years. As they crave for more company and activities.

When my child turned 2.5, I noticed that and put him in pre nursery. I had to stay in the class room and school for like 2-3 weeks (their process) even after that when I wanted to leave, he cried. It was frustrating. Then slowly my staying time reduced, and it stopped. After that, he himself loved going every day and will be ready with his bag to go. It was a full-facility school, so he had a lot to do that was fun for him and got him more interested. I also used to fix play dates with the class kids too. Speaking about school, teachers, activities, gifts, new bag, bottles, appreciations, cuddles n stuff can get them excited too.

sindmani likes this.
  6. ParvathiRatish

ParvathiRatish New IL'ite

What u said is right even I feel the same.My son also have same pbm when he was in pre school starting time.later it came ok.again after vacation school reopens for lkg he started crying.But now I neglect when he starts,so slowly he is coming to the realization that he needs to go.Also need to check how his class going.Try to talk with him when he comes back from school about his day every thing.

sindmani likes this.
  7. Agniamber11

Agniamber11 Bronze IL'ite

Hi, I understand what you are undergoing. I had put my 2 yo in play school . She used to cry daily. It went on for 3 weeks. She hated the structured environment. Though I would say it was pretty cool play school with rhymes, games etc yet she wouldnt adjust. The duration was only 2 hours. She would simply sit on the swing outside and enjoy the nature and not cry. ALso, the instructions were in English, which she didnt understand.
    I met her teachers and slowly we worked together and saw that she gets comfortable with other kids and teachers. It took time but it was worth it.

Probably your son doesnt like the atmosphere. Since he cant comprehend the instructions, he is crying. Be patient with him. Try to be in the school for sometime. Talk to the teachers and find a way out. Lessen his school duration. Let him play with other kids. Be positive. We too grew up like this. Give him time. If there is no other way, then pull him out.

sindmani and ParvathiRatish like this.
  8. kshema

kshema Bronze IL'ite

Thanku all for the suggestions.. I will talk to teacher what activities they are doing in school and I don't leave him more time and slightly increase the stay in school..