1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

My rose plant is not giving any signs of growth--- pls help

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by ramya8692, Dec 10, 2011.

1. ramya8692

ramya8692 New IL'ite

Hi,

I bought 2 rose plants(white and orange) 2 weeks back, white color rose plant is growing normally, it is getting new branches and tiny leaves and buds I am happy with this. But the orange color plant is not at all responding. It is getting good sunlight, water and added vermicompost to the plants while potting. But there is no sign of development:cry:. I am so worried about this plant. Any tips or suggestions to make the growth fast for this rose plant.

I remember in some thread I read that covering the plants with plastic cover will make them to grow fast.

Can anyone clarify this...Pls help

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

ramya,

The white could be the regular resilient variety that could thrive fast, while orange is the hybrid variety that would take some time. tender to it, it will grow at its own phase..nature has its own ways.. if you have replanted it, it would take some time to acclimatize to the new potting..

3. lgirish

lgirish Platinum IL'ite

When I was in school my friend Jayashree had a big house and a big garden. They had many flowering plants including rose. I have seen her folks putting onion skins and cover the tips of the branches with cowdung. Just like we cover our finger tips while applying mehndi. Some people even put egg shells to the soil. Why don`t you consult the nursery people? They may be of good help.

4. oceanicsuji

oceanicsuji New IL'ite

Hi Ramya,

I do agree with Shanvy.. Try adding broken egg shells and onion peels near the roots- without disturbing the stems..Also, adding the tea dust tat remains after making tea will improve rose plant growth..

My mother used to cut out few large leaves already existing(in case of grown up plants only).. For two days, it will appear like the plant has just stems.. But then new leaves will bud out.. Give a try..

5. chweetchoyee

chweetchoyee Gold IL'ite

you need to trim them often to get it bloom. Rose plants need sun and some plants are seasonal. My gardner asked me to get neem manure or oil he said its good for the growth. Try it, put few drops of neem oil near the root. My advice would be don't invite ants or other insects sometimes it infects the root and also plants may die. Buy a good manure you get in nursery not in grocery store and feed once in a month. Don't worry it just need good least 6 hour sunlight, good and sufficient watering, timely trimming and good manure works wonder.

Try neem oil or cakes. I see you are from Mumbai, try Vriksha nursery, the owner name is shaan, drop by and I bet you will get all the answer to your question. I will PM the address.

6. karankundra

karankundra New IL'ite

It is very rare for a rose to not bloom in its first year. In fact if you prune the blooms after then are spent, you will get additional blooms all summer and into fall.

7. Brinda1

Brinda1 Bronze IL'ite

i have heard that pruning the flowers gives more flowers and growth.