1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Rich and Varied Heritage

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by satchitananda, Jan 8, 2012.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Satchi,

Well then u have warring things in yr body, then what do u eat ? Live on thin air eh ! Well when u go out to restaurtn, yr husband would not spend much on yr meals, for u are such a simple lady.HAHA

For me, i am a chefs delgiht, he can dump me with anything and i will relish it. i pray to god always, that let me eat what i want, and there should bne no restrictions whatsoever, that would be the best boon, and touch wood he has kepot his word, but i keep breaking mine, by eating all rubbish/

Regards

kamal

1 person likes this.
  2. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Kamalji, if only I could control my gastronomical desires so easily, I would not have to get so many lectures from so many people, I would be nice and thin after subsisting on thin air and water and my life would have seemed to last an eternity. :) Since none of the above are true, I certainly enjoy eating whatever my tongue demands.

3. sushmavja

sushmavja Platinum IL'ite

dear satchi..amm wondering how you made this so funny..read the other snippet too..take rest and have a speedy recovery and come back soon to IL

1 person likes this.
  4. satchitananda

5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Satchi dear humerous post as always. It is very difficult when we are told to stay away from some food items. As for me I am a foodie and enjoy all kinds of dishes. Hope there will be no restrictions in future also. Being retired I dont get a chance to go out and eat, while working I used to enjoy going out with friends and try out the various dishes

1 person likes this.
  6. satchitananda

Vijima, if no one told me not to eat this things, I might not eat them anyway. But the moment I am told not to do something, some voice in my head says "what the hell, why ever not"? I guess it is the same with very many of us. :-D

7. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Satchi,

What can I say?! You made me laugh and you made me a little sad too...

But hey, with a humor like your's, all those ailments have no place to grow on your biological self! Just go and enjoy that dinner that Mindi is dreaming up for you. Maybe I will join you both?!:) Now that's a date.

Really, when Megalife nomininated this to FP, I thought I was going to get my fill of our rich Indian culture. I did get rich culture alright, of a different art! No matter what you have inherited or not from your parents, they surely have given you the best humor to sail through life. Armed thus, let's see what a mere thryroid could do to you? :thumbsup I can vouch for it, you my friend will have a very long and rich life!:)

Hugs,
    Kamla

1 person likes this.
  8. ILoveTulips

ILoveTulips IL Hall of Fame

Dear Satchi,
    First thing. Where do manage to get these apt smileys from??
    Kudos to you for coming up with a humorous writeup putting aside the fact how painful it really is. I am food lover too Satchi. I can't understand those fuzzy eaters, or the sentence 'I had heavy lunch, I can't have dinner' or accept the fact that there only should be 3 meals a day! Now with the metabolism change, underactive thyroid and some of its Sister-deficiencies [I too am trying to coin words hoping they would catch up, or just being laughed at] I am becoming one of those fuzzy eaters! The main reason is Google. I shouldn't have start reading about the foods that I must avoid. After losing the pleasure of eating some vegetables for each deficiency, only few boring dishes were left. ;( It better we can start taking eating just 3 tablets a day like the astronauts to avoid all the confusions...
    Once again, nice write up Satchi. Your snippets never failed to bring a smile on my face.. :)
    ILT

1 person likes this.
  9. satchitananda

Dear Kamla,

So nice to see you here. I was pleasantly surprised to see Megalife's nomination. Yes, it would be incredibly tough and life would really not be worth it, if I were to take all these guys seriously. Not only that, imagine landing up with various deficiencies and then having to add to the medications. I guess dieticians are being sponsored by pharmaceutical industries.

Me too looks forward to a good foodie session with Mindi and you. That would be a delightful meal indeed. :)

10. satchitananda

Hi ILT,

Nice to see you here.