1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Rich and Varied Heritage

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by satchitananda, Jan 8, 2012.

1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Hi Latha,

I do enjoy eating everything. Just get mad when others rile me about not being strict about my diet and suggest eating pumpkins and bottle gourd. Even if I don't live longer, my life will certainly seem to be tooooooo long.

1 person likes this.
  2. satchitananda

Dear Cheeniya sir,

I too am grateful that this particular friend has not chosen to visit me along with all the others. I have certainly seen others who have that guest as a house guest and they are truly not to be envied.

I wish I had known your way of figuring out your boss' disposition of the day by his position on the chair. In all probability all my bosses suffered from this very ailment. If only I had known then, I could have avoided many a heartbreak.

Thanks for your peppy fb and for a good laugh. :-D

3. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

It is hard Satchi..I can understand that part..as I had already have a list of my own restrictions on food..but couldn't give it up wholly :biggrin2: Those restricted menus are my favourties too..:-(

Loved the way, you had humourously connected a line in the pledge to the restrictions in your diet...but what to do yaar..they are enjoying unity in diversity na..

Take care, Sriniketan

1 person likes this.
  4. vidchakra

vidchakra Platinum IL'ite

Satchi.. ha ha.. Another of your humorous post!
    Do you ever get tired of entertaining us :)

1 person likes this.
  5. satchitananda

Hi Sri,

first of all, I loved your signature. I guess it sums up all our lives and my attitude to this issue too.

Well, as far as food and restrictions are concerned, I find a good armour in following my own maxim "If you can't beat 'em, laugh at 'em". If it were one problem, fair enough, but if various problems with contradictory requirements decide to attack you, what does one do? Can't keep all happy after all. :) So enjoy yourself Sri. Don't worry too much and eat what you want to (in reasonable amounts of course).

6. satchitananda

Hi Vid,

No dear. I don't get tired of entertaining you, unless of course you are fed up of them. :p

7. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

Dearest Satchi
    OMG, we have to meet....it will be a time for spasms,gasps and titters ! Your post is the height of hilarity, just loved it! Lets go by a realistic diet plan this year "A diet is when you watch what you eat and wish you could eat what you watch."
    There is no better tool than a good sense of humor to overcome adversity ( you may count being on diet as an adversity). Live 2012 submerged in L.A.U.G.H.T.E.R...... where 'L' stands for LIVE life to the fullest. To thank you for your virtual hilarious rendezvous, I nominate this thread for the finest post this New yr.
    Mega

2 people like this.
  8. satchitananda

Oh Megalife, thanks so much. Yes, whenever you come over to Bangalore, would love to spend a couple of fun filled hours with you. Nothing like laughter to help one tide over adversities. And I agree heartily with you when you say DIET is the biggest adversity in the world. I would prefer to "die eating". :-D

Thanks so much for the nomination. That was a real pleasant surprise. :thumbsup

9. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

Dear Satchi
    [​IMG]
    Why not top the jacket potatoes with sour cream, a dollop of butter as well; leave no stone unturned for you tastebuds to growl?...and as a non-veg i will go a step further, shredded salami/pepperoni!
    Mega

10. satchitananda

Hi Megalife,

Fortunately for me, I hate cream, but the butter certainly sounds enticing. Besides being a veggie, have to content myself with boiled veggies and salad, which I quite enjoy. :)