1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Rich and Varied Heritage

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by satchitananda, Jan 8, 2012.

1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Hi Aruna,

Simple. Remember the rule: Rules are only made to be broken. I land up getting long lectures from well meaning people on don't eat this and don't eat that. I stick to a diet as long as the problem is there, once I'm better I get on with the normal diet. Can you imagine any sane person sticking to all the don'ts above and remaining sane? Just not practical.

2 people like this.
  2. satchitananda

Hi Kanaks,

Absolutely right. So that is just what I do. I find it really hard to cater to people who stick so strictly to all these dos and don'ts. Just what do you cook????? :crazy

3. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My dear Satchi
    Good thing that you do not have any ailment starting with the alphabet 'P' and Piles especially. That would have killed your sense of humour for life! I had a boss in the late 60's who was a famous victim of this nether torture. Otherwise an amiable man, he would put Count Dracula to shame whenever 'P' reared its ugly head to torment him. Every morning, we would discreetly peep into his room to see how he was sitting in his chair. If he was in a casual posture, then we would know that all was well with the world. But if he was perched on his chair like a bird on a wired fence, then we would silently withdraw to a spot as far away from him as possible.

Be happy that your heritage does not include 'P' and that your sense of humour is intact!
    Sri

3 people like this.
  4. kottravai

kottravai Gold IL'ite

Holding true to your oath, dear Satchi?

Well, well, well! If this list goes on and on, you'll be left with nothing to consume except air, water and probably sunlight (as some yogis do). :spin What's the point, anyway, you live only once! What is the purpose of all the good food out there if its not eaten??? Just trick the diseases by going off-diet. :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

You know, I have a different case of sinus wherein my running nose will stop the moment I have some ice-cream, really! (Or I can opt the longer process of having an oil-bath which will cool down my head - I break the rules and the take the quick-fix remedy here..) Maybe, you too can find some shortcuts that both your tummy and ailment agree on ;), say what?

1 person likes this.
  5. upfsabari

upfsabari IL Hall of Fame

oh.. satchi.. how come you manage everything with these many restrictions... I'm unable to imagine.. you are simply greattttttttttt satchi.. :)

1 person likes this.
  6. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

This is satchi and nothing to write more about her.i enjoyed your sense of humour .

1 person likes this.
  7. vchelluri

vchelluri Gold IL'ite

Satchi dear,
    It's really painful to go on with such a long list of cut off's when ONE is a real foodie. But when that ONE is Satchi, they become a food for her sense of humour. LOL.
    Don't worry much. You are not alone with such difficulties but it has become quite common for people adopting to modernized culture and releshing super fastly on fast foods mostly and adding to that the stress, pollution, etc, etc. Just be bold enough to combat them and try to relish on them heartily as and when possible. Hope you find a nice solution in for your health problems and pave a way to turn your CUT OFF's into RELISHES in this new year.

Latha.

1 person likes this.
  8. satchitananda

Hi Kottravai,

1 person likes this.
  9. satchitananda

Hi Sabari,

Don't over estimate me dear. I manage everything by not sticking to any of these restrictions. How can anyone? It is so impractical. So sorry to say I am not great. Or may be better that I am not. At least I enjoy myself. :rotfl

10. satchitananda

Thanks Periamma. All you friends here inspire me to keep up my cheer. :)