1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My real life story..

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by sbonigala, Dec 9, 2011.

1. sushmavja

sushmavja Platinum IL'ite

shalu,
    am so touched by your story..Am so happy u had a happy ending..if someone u love says something like povey,enduke your heart suddenly drops..

2 people like this.
  2. Uttaraa

Uttaraa Platinum IL'ite

Sbonigala, I am still groggy from my sleep but spirited enough to rush and nominate your "proposal" as the FINEST NARRATION of this month.

Awesome is all I can sum it up as..:thumbsup

Last edited: Dec 11, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  3. rai

rai Platinum IL'ite

Shalu, a wonderful narration! Experienced a sense of satisfaction and happiness while reading. Blessings to you dear. Wish you all a happy, prosperous life.

1 person likes this.
  4. sbonigala

sbonigala Platinum IL'ite

:) am very much amazed at the feedback my post recvd. Thanks a ton all of u.

5. sbonigala

I believe..Religion is again a personal faith... u wanna trust something u do..else u need not.. In my case none of my-laws' family ever raised a question/doubt if i wud convert to christianity.. it was purely my decision.. even the church father who performed our marriage made it 100% clear that i can remain a hindu and still marry a catholic... again it was MY choice to get converted for what so ever reason.
    For a few weeks i took time to adjust.. but now I read bible regularly(more fluently than the rest at home, infact) and go to church every sunday....
    Its been 7 yrs that I stopped going temples... Again its purely MY choice.. Raj never asked me stop going to temple..or never asked me to go to church.Our Kids are being made aware/and they respect all cultures but they do follow christianity.. reason is its good and peaceful to pray together.. and later when they grow old..its good to follow one faith and religion than to be a jack of both religions..
    Hope u understand my point.

6. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello Shalu

Reading your post I was visualising my son and his girlfriend, who are just going to complete 5th semester. He brought her home this time when I was in india, yes of different caste. But the way you buy things for him and he for you is the same in this case too both sit and study for the semester exams, keep fighting with each other. He hasn't proposed to her still. He demands her do this and that, sometime he wants her to clean his cupboards too and I see that poor girl doing all those things for him so happily. I shouted at him sometimes not to make her do all that she is not fully yours still. But you get only to hear it is ok mummy. I sweet girl. :)
    As all mom's me too just told him your 1st aim is to finish your studies and do something in life in between what you do I have no problem with that.
    As i went through your post I just had a smile on my face, it was nice reading about your love affair and nice to know that you married him and have lovely 2 kids. God bless you all.

2 people like this.
  7. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Shalu
    I usually do not visit this forum.

This post was recommended by my friend and I am glad she directed me here.
    A very beautifful love story.
    More than the story I am seeing you as a very mature young lady whose approach to life is something to learn from.

Your responses to the feedbacks are a reflection of your positive outlook in life.
    My best wishes to you and your delightful family. May God shower His blessings on you.

congratulations on being nominated. I hope you win!

1 person likes this.
  8. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

Dear Shalu
    Wish we had more people like you; the world would have been a lot more serene! I second you on your thinking! Religion for me is my bonding with god...its a truthful tête-à-tête between God and me...its not important as to which faith we stick to, it is the genuineness with which we “practice what we preach”. I guess that’s religious conviction …
    Its your maturity that has taken your relationship to such a high pedestal, winning the hearts and home of your DH and in-laws, wishing you many more years of contentment!
    Mega

1 person likes this.
  9. sbonigala

Hi Mega,
    As I said in one of my previous responses, issues come in when u "think you are in love" rather than "really being in love".
    When u r really in love.. nothing seems important other than the beloved. For me Raj was/is and will be the only priority.. for what so ever change that I may have to undergo. Am so glad my choice never made me unhappy.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  10. vidukarth

vidukarth Platinum IL'ite

thanks for the meaning sapna