My R2I diary

Discussion in 'Return to India' started by Tridev, May 22, 2010.

1. Tridev

Tridev Silver IL'ite

The challenge is to dodge the people who say, its not wise decision to go back , its unknown territory where in I have not yet found a job, and other issues which I have been not used to for long time. When people say that we definitely think deeply whether we are doing right and not jeopardising due to some temporary emotional factor. Not having green card or USC risks a lot of things as one cannot come back easily. Also we know how many people of all ages wish to leave India esp come to US.

I feel in India we can do things if we want as lot of help is available in terms of friends, people are approachable. That is what is good about India. Not that people cannot do things in US but comparitively it is difficult to start some thing of your own .

I know a friend who has gone back to India after 33 years abroad. For him it was like second birth I would feel. Its been four months and he is very happy now. He said he realised after going back how he was in self exile in Canada until he landed in India and for 4 months just went around places. He of course holds canadian citizenship but plans to not return.

I was reading another story on IL where in the lady born and raised in US had to go to India as her husband wanted to go back , though they had decided before marriage they will settle in US since the girl was raised in US, but to my surprise I read she was too happy in India. Wow , that was an exception to know and surely a inspiration.

The main advantage of India is when we are in India we can be global, I used to or could have travelled many places being in India than being in US. one gets a global perspective. of course sometimes we get tired with constant moving life or random life, but when life gets stuck at one place that too gets boring and difficult. Every year the same thing, every day same thing. Long winters and small summers also take its own toll. Its get dark at 4 pm, on weekends mostly confined to homes or max call people home or go to their homes. For kids its too difficult too. Play dates, and mostly indoors...uff.

Loneliness is not alien to US, people are lonely in India too. But I feel at right time we have to be at right place...

1 person likes this.
  2. Tridev

Tridev Silver IL'ite

Today it has been raining a lot, had gone to Indian store, saw video playing Dev Anand songs, just got glued to the TV there, the song was :Need chura ke raton main tumne bataon baton main dekho baat badal di hai" (for someone interested here is the youtube link of same song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LX59sL5RQo)

I like to watch Indian songs video esp from old movies. In India we see so many channels but here unforunately that is not the case

I got bhutta (corn) from store, as its raining , trying to take the maza of eating bhutta while raining. Not like India though where you stand in drenched rain on the redi and ask bhaiya, yaar ek bhutta to bana....

Last edited: May 23, 2010
  3. shivachoubey

shivachoubey IL Hall of Fame

I do not see returning back to india in near future. I have shifted to muscat 6 months back. One good thing about Muscat is that its just 3 and half hour flight to India. What I don't like about this place is that it is so quiet, in short India is full of life.

Tridev don't worry about the water and electricity shortage. Most of the societies and houses have their own power and water back up. So, you won't feel that much of a difference. I was in India last year for couple of months (my transit period from UAE to Oman) and I adjusted smoothly. Take one step at a time and before you know you will gel into the crowd.

All the best my friend, I wish you the very best.

regards

4. Tridev

Tridev Silver IL'ite

Not sure about Muscat but I have been to Singapore, Canada and staying in US. All these 3 places were very quiet. US is so quiet that sometimes we have to just put tv or music to hear voices. One can hardly see people coming out of their homes in our apartment. I walk into my bulding its deserted with leaves all over. It seems like that no mans land...we dont know who stays in which apartment not even remotest guess except may be one or two people. Talk about silence.. I know it here..

Thanks for your inspiring words...

5. neha1

neha1 Silver IL'ite

thanks for the reply,Tridev

6. Amitha

Amitha Senior IL'ite

Tridev, are you still in USA or returned to India? I was reading your threads about R2I and replies were quite interesting :)

7. cutedoc

cutedoc New IL'ite

Hi Tridev,
    First of all I am so happy to find this site and was reading your posts. I can relate so much to how you feel about R2I.
    I am currently in US and have been thinking about taking this step for months,not a single day gone without it.I have a 16 moth old girl and unexpectedly still feel lonely at times.
    I am so curious to know how your experience progressed,hope you have done most of the things on your list by now.Do update when you get a chance.
    Good Wishes

Loneliness is not alien to US, people are lonely in India too. But I feel at right time we have to be at right place...[/QUOTE]

8. LopaNayak

LopaNayak New IL'ite

That is so very exciting. I have been to India recently. Even if for a month, every 'Day' seemed so "Eventful". A span of 30 days was much more happening than one full year in US :rotfl Besides, life to a great extent unfolds itself in its own twists and turns. I dont say that US is a bad place; just that being an Indian, born & brought up in India and living in America/ any place where you are referred as 'ALIEN' (no matter for what obsessive /compulsive reason), makes me feel like the "CAMEL in a LONDON zoo".
    Maybe its people who never venture out of India are the happiest :) Even though sometimes, Ignorance is bliss.

My Best wishes to you and may your grand success in settling down give hope/courage to many others (including me).

9. viswank

viswank New IL'ite

10. kAlyaniShAnti

kAlyaniShAnti IL Hall of Fame

Hi Tridev,
    New year greetings!

Got to see this thread now only (as I saw it in the side bar) though you started it long back. No update about your experience since long!

The threads and the emotions are nicely brought out. How much could you fulfill your dreams back home?

Best