1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My personal opinion about IndusLadies

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by madhuprabha, Nov 28, 2014.

1. madhuprabha

madhuprabha Gold IL'ite

Hello Akanksha
    Thank you for your FB. I am glad so many ILites share my perception about this site. So I guess I am at home at here.

2. suryakala

suryakala IL Hall of Fame

Dear Madhuprabha,

I agree with you that IL is a beautiful and unique world.

Is it a site for ladies? YES.
    But are men allowed? YES, YES.

Is it a site for new gen? YES.
    But do oldies contribute? YES, YES.

You feel lonely and seek help? YES.
    But are you in a big group and support? YES, YES.

I am a non believer ,can I write? YES.
    But are there total devotees? YES, YES.

Are the members united? YES.
    But can they differ among themselves? YES, YES.

Are all the members equal? YES.
    But do the seniors feel recognised? YES, YES.

IL is a wonderful and great experience for every one of us.
    We are the conductors, musicians, and audience of this great and continuing orchestra producing lovely lovely symphonies.

Thanks IL and thanks dear Madhu for provoking us on this thoughts!

6 people like this.
  3. madhuprabha

madhuprabha Gold IL'ite

Hello Suryakala,
    Thank you very much. You have articulated your thoughts very well and that in a poem. WOW! You have covered almost all the points related to IL.

1 person likes this.
  4. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Madhuprabha,

How well you have opined your thought on IL!

You know, I even forget how many years it is since I am hanging around here!! :rotflMay be I am the spirit that hangs around here unobtrusively haunting one or the other now and then without making much noise ?!!

I am here for I love being here! Simble! Many have come and many have left but your's truly just hangs in here.

Come to think of it, though I have made friends, they are very few and far between. Because I don't hang around in chat sections, don't have much to say in Coffee mornings or other group activities. Am not talented at knitting, sewing or any other hand crafts! Read recipes avidly but have hardly dished out any!! Dont write stories nor do I snippet. No poetry spinning either! Yet I am here! So, I think without saying much, I have said it all by just being here!

Love the place Madhuprabha and you have said it just too well. Got nominated too and the thanks goes to Jayasala42 and Ammulur!

L, Kamla

5 people like this.
  5. madhuprabha

madhuprabha Gold IL'ite

A very morning to you Kamala Mam,
    An FB from the Finest Posts Leader!, you have made my day!!!.
    I am also in the same boat as you. I don't knitting, poetry, story etc., etc.,
    But i dabble in all. Becoz, it is something which was instilled in me from my school days. That, if you want to feel about others ways and thinking, first you have to put yourself in their shoes. So in school I used to participate in plays, extempore, debate even though I have stage fear and at times my mind suddenly goes blank and even getting the next word out of my mouth or on paper used to be and still is a big problem.
    Thank you very much Mam and very happy day to you.

1 person likes this.
  6. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Madhu dear first of congratulations for winning the Finest post award. I am late here. You have written about IL very well. For me it is the second home. Not a day goes without logging into IL. I am glad I have won many virtual daughters here and feel very happy when they call me Vijima. Not all like to call anyone else ma than their own mother. So I am blessed to be called Vijima. I am here since 7 years . I made many friends here and have met many also in different cities. If there is no internet I miss IL and of late have become active in Facebook too , so go to the cyber cafe to log in . I have visited all the forums here. Earlier I used to write onlyin snippets and since last year I am crazy making jewellery and making old bag new , so go to those forums too. East or West IL is the best

2 people like this.
  7. Aria

Aria New IL'ite

Madhu,

A very heartfelt snippet! I can understand your feelings. May be today I can afford or be reckless either way I think it is time for a short shrift.

The story begins
    "Once upon a time, not so long ago, a hoyden stumbles on a site and she is enamoured, glorifies the site, addicted , wah ! mwah!"

No the story does not begin or end like that.
    To be frank no I was not completely smitten by IL when I joined.

Eugh! A ladies site! How retrograde! Cookery , domestic problems, knitting, what next castanets , chants and cootie singeing. Dipped my fingers here and there, how boring. Dabbled back and forth, not my type. What the hell am I doing here?! This is so not ME. A cocktail of suspicion and sneer, GET OUT! Hold on, not yet! Somewhere, somehow I was starting to warm up to the site and the members. There was something auroral about Cheeniya's writing, the camaderie in snippets, the sorority or the sonority in rel. forums. There were few others who snickered - behold! you have not even seen tithe of what the site can offer. To be outrageously frank I've never been in the company of you know, er, in the company of becoming and astute people.

There was something very primal about the members here; you either love them or hate them, you either hoot or hover over them. Something more startling is that few bits and bytes congeal into jelly of emotions. But the big leap was Ansuya and her writing in E&G forum. She was the one who really inspired , awed and to an extent made me stick around just to read her posts. Followed by Gauri and Soka.

There are days when I feel, I AM OUT! I mean I am OUT! There are days when I feel oh! where would I be tapping away at this hour if not here. Other days when Gauri almost makes me cry, Soka almost makes me rend my hair, Kamla gives me that wink or Srama titters over my amorphous state. I've not become any wiser but I have become more reflective with passage of time which helps me to seek wisdom. What am I doing here? Basically dolce niente (sweet nothings) and I've realized that the most intensive and intimate communion you can have with a thing is that sweet nothings! ;-)

(And I did look up recipe for dosa recently in cookery forum , there you go!)

3 people like this.
  8. madhuprabha

madhuprabha Gold IL'ite

Good morning Vijima,
    Thank you for taking time to read my post. Even I noticed that many ILites call u Vijima, even I was tempted to address as Vijima, but then I thought since I am realtively new to this site, maybe u would not appreciate me calling u like that. So I started addressing u as Viji Mam or Viji aunty.
    Yes, I do agree with u that now IL has become an addiction to me also. But the one thing I miss is that I have not told my DH about my membership over here. So I cannot share my experience with him. It is like, I have to keep half of me hidden from him.
    Viji aunty, I have seen/read ur posts. Keep up it aunty, there is no age for learning and it is only when the brain stops learning do we actually age.

1 person likes this.
  9. madhuprabha

madhuprabha Gold IL'ite

Good morning @hapaxlegomenon

IL has something for everybody. It depends upon ur mood for the day. Yes, if I am in a good and happy mood, then I don't mind checking all the forums. But if not, I prefer my comfort zone and visit only those threads which I am familiar with.
    Yes, even I have started identifying with some of writers over here. U know, like being on the same wavelength. Sweet nothings with a bit of masala thrown in.
    And Yes, after reading some of the relationship threads, I have realized that I am not alone in the way I feel about my IN-laws, and at other times, I feel I am lucky to have the kind of In-laws I have.
    IL is like a mixture of all my feelings, be it for DH, parents, In-laws, friends, colleagues etc., etc.,

PS - Did u try the dosa receipe ? How was it?

10. Aria

Aria New IL'ite

Reading bit was all fine, whisking bit was all daunting, skipped! I will be there some day, very soon even if it takes my kitchen repainting with squirted batter. I'm enthusiastic about cooking, just bit lazy here and there , no chopping, no whisking, no paring, no cleaning, no spurtling, rest I enjoy :2thumbsup:

1 person likes this.