My period is late by 28 days.. Help !!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by sharmila2011, Jan 10, 2012.

1. sharmila2011

sharmila2011 New IL'ite

Hi,

New member to Indus ladies.. New year greetings to all !!

We are not planning for a child for now, we made love on 27th november (we used condom as always). first date of my last period was 11th of november, my period has a cycle of 31 days and i am supposed to get it by 10th of december but still i am waiting. i took a pregnancy test before two days (26th day after i missed my period) and it came negative. i am feeling unusual cramps in my stomach sometimes, frequent urination also exists. can i be pregnant?

2. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

Sharmila,
    Why were you waiting till now? Go meet a doctor soon. You are not in a position to assume why is the delay? Seek medical help first.

3. sharmila2011

sharmila2011 New IL'ite

Thanks for your reply.. i have a doctor appointment this weekend.

Is there a chance to be pregnant ? home pregnancy test was negative.

4. sitharaj

sitharaj Gold IL'ite

hi sharmila2011...

when i missed my periods- i had tried three home pregnancy tests and all turned out to be negative. I went to the doctor and the urine test was also negative.

my doctor asked me to wait for 10 days and see if i get my periods- else she will give me medications and induce menses. after ten days when i went, she said we will do one more test and check else she will prescribe me medicines. and the test turned out to be positive.

it seems sometimes we ovulate late and thus conception happens late- so yeah! there are chances, the doctor anyways carried out a scan and confirmed that its all ok and what has happened is late ovulation. this is what had happened with me, but i guess to put your mind in rest- it will happen after your doc's app...

do let us know.. what the doc says, dont worry- it will all be fine

5. blackbeauty84

As the previous poster said Yes there are chances. There were always cases where home test came negative & later some other tests confirmed pregnancy.
    I think you can go to any lab take an urine test to find out what it shows.

6. sharmila2011

sharmila2011 New IL'ite

Thanks for your valuable replies @ sithara and blackbeauty84:)

Just to understand, even after using contraceptive (as in my case) is there a possibility to conceive?

7. blackbeauty84

I don't think there is a contraceptive which gives 100% protection. So there are chances.

8. sitharaj

sitharaj Gold IL'ite

@sharmila.. as you said your prevention technique was a condom and sometimes condoms do rip off or leak happens. i mean condoms are not the 100 percent safe way to prevent pregnancy...

9. sharmila2011

sharmila2011 New IL'ite

Thanks a lot lovely ladies :)

I am worried as we are just married (3 months) and we are not all set for a baby now !

Waiting for the weekend to know the accurate result !

10. sitharaj

sitharaj Gold IL'ite

@sharmila.. i know how you feeling, because i got married 18 weeks before and i am 15 weeks pregnant!

dont worry, even if you result is positive- trust me what pregnancy can do to your marriage is purely magical.. i am speaking out of experience. anyways stay positive and lets see what the doc has to say...

all the best