1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My observations during a marriage today

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Oct 29, 2010.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Today we had to attend a marriage. The muhurtham was only at 12 p.m. but we left after 8.30 a.m. I told my dh we will be the first one to go.

When we entered there I was surprised to see a man brooming near the gate. I thought such a warm welcome. When we went inside vradham was going on and there were only few people. We had breakfast. Today's breakfast was different from the usual. It was aapam, idli, vada and Kesari.

For sometime I did not have any company to talk. After the vradham was over. The boy went for kasi yathra and was then waiting for the girl to come. The girl took sometime to come, the others had to wait for her. Though there was lot of time for her to dress up I dont know why she took long to come. She had make up which was not suiting her. Malai mathal was over as usual by the girl's uncles carrying her and the boy's friends carrying him. Then they sat on the oonjal and the other rituals were going on. They wer given palum pazamum in a silver vati, the ladies who were giving we giving more of kela pieces. After the rituals there was over the bride and bridegroom came inside and the marriage continued. Now a days I have observed that ladies wear chappal inside the hall also and some forget to remove when they go near the fire or the oonjal. I was surprised to see a girl doing the paligai thelikkal wearing shalwar kameez with no dupatta. Later I saw her in saree when malai mathal was there. The bridegroom seemed to be very happy.

I got a friend to keep me company . Finally the marriage was over when I went to tell the girl's mother that we are leaving I met her sister whom I told her she is looking very sweet. I brought smile on her face by telling her tht she is sweet. I felt happy .

2. Sudha Kailas

Sudha Kailas IL Hall of Fame

Viji ma.......changing world I agree too.........but for certain rituals where it is required, why dont people follow some formality in their appearance bothers me too !!

3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Sudha dear thank you for the one and only fb of yours, 124 comments and only your fb. You are great

love
    viji