1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My newborn baby color

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by VandhenaKrish, Dec 12, 2015.

1. VandhenaKrish

VandhenaKrish Silver IL'ite

Hi,

I m a new mom who delivered a boy baby on Nov 28.. He was very fair and slowly now turning wheatish but sometimes lukng fair.. My husband and I are fair n in laws as well..

I m worried about his complexion coz it keeps on changing daily.. I m not particular about color but his changing skin tone makes me restless like which color he is going to settle down at.. Pl reply if this is common in newborns

2. vaidehi71

vaidehi71 IL Hall of Fame

Usually would get the colour which is present on the ear of the baby.

Well, why do you think too much about it, you have a blessed gift from God, a beloved husband and his family ( I had read your post before) and so enjoy your life.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and to your new blessed soul which you have been blessed with.

Regards,
    Vaidehi

1 person likes this.
  3. VandhenaKrish

Thanks @vaidehi71.. Ya blessed with this prince n lovely husband...

4. bruised234

bruised234 Gold IL'ite

One of my cousins is wheatish complexioned. Her paternal grandmother, my aunt and uncle are very fair. When I say fair, I mean really fair. My mother always says, what is there in the color, everything is in the person's stars. So, don't worry about baby's complexion, if he is very fair, and does not have other good traits then does it matter, the reverse is also true, if he is not so fair, but extremely talented, then how does color matter. Please worry about his health and activity, don't be bothered about color.

5. Cool10

Cool10 Silver IL'ite

Hi,

My baby is also changing color like this. She became little bit darker while sometimes looking fair. I think all newborns will undergo some change in skin color. I am putting my daughter in sunshine every day as per doc advise.

Are you putting your son in sunshine ? Maybe he is getting tanned ?

6. VandhenaKrish

Glad @cool10 I am also keeping him under morning sun for 10 mins.. He s Lil reddish n wheatish not fair.. I don't know whether it ll change or not.

7. VandhenaKrish

Hey hi @bruised234, thank you.. Definitely character s important.. I kinda have a feel that to a fair family I brought a wheatish guy.. I mean to my in laws family.. Kinda guilty thought

8. vaidehi71

vaidehi71 IL Hall of Fame

Why do you feel you alone are responsible..the genes is from both of you couples..and enjoy your time with the newborn, instead of thinking the complexion..
    Cheers..
    Vaidehi

9. pinktulip2k

pinktulip2k Junior IL'ite

Hi, I took iron tablets during pregnancy which gave a layer of wheatish coloured skin on my newborn. Slowly after 2 months he started shedding that layer of skin with every bath and became fairer.

10. sdiva20

sdiva20 Platinum IL'ite

I am going to brutally honest here whether you like or not. Politically correctness my foot.

Seriously you feel guilty that you may have brought a "wheatish guy" in your fair and lovely family??? You feel guilty about his color? As a mother of a new born, you are not concerned if changing color is any cause for concern ( babies go through a lot of change so it is most likely not a cause for concern) but rather you are guilty that you did the unthinkable of bringing a "wheatish guy" to you fair family? How thoughtless of you. You should be guilty.

You may think you are you fair but I see no fairness.............just some ugly thoughts. You are discriminating your own child - a new born- based on his color. As a mother you should be ashamed that instead of enjoying the blessing of motherhood and a healthy baby, you are so petty to thing about that poor baby in the terms you are thinking.

On those vein if you fair/ wheatish baby grows up and falls in love with a wheatish or dark skinned girl, will heaven fall apart? I can see your whole world as you know if come to an end in such a senario.

If you are not busy enough with your new born and have so much idle time, please spare a few minutes in the "Fertility and trying to conceive" forum on this very site and you will see the struggles of so many women go through to just hold their own baby.

If that does not move you, go to a nearby children's hospital to see some other not so fortunate new borns suffer so many diseases and many times fighting for their life and you will see how blessed you are that your baby is healthy.

If none of those things change you mind, I don't have any other solution for you except a prayer that your potentially "wheatish guy" turns out to be fair and lovely because if not he will be discriminated perhaps not by others but his very own mother. Shame !