my new pets <3...yet to see them.. with picture..suggest me how to take care of them

Discussion in 'Pets and Animal Lovers' started by powerpuffgal, Jan 5, 2015.

1. oysterzzz

oysterzzz Gold IL'ite

Re: my new pets <3...yet to see them.. with picture..suggest me how to take care of t

Are they grown up? do you have any latest pic?

2. powerpuffgal

powerpuffgal Bronze IL'ite

Re: my new pets <3...yet to see them.. with picture..suggest me how to take care of t

Soon i ll post pics.. they developed little feathers (whitesurrendersmiley)... being very naughty..:banana

3. powerpuffgal

Dear Op...Little chicks grow and become hen and cocks.Do you have a long term plan because they will be difficult pets in the balcony.If you had a garden...it would be manageable. - Now i have started thinking omg they are growing they need more space.. My DH bought so much of them thinking that the seller will make a lot money (as if no one else is going to get them):shock:

On a short term basis (till they are really small)...you could lay hay for them and give them small grain and water. If possible ...they need to go out and peck stuff from the ground as the mud grains/grit helps in digestion. If that is not possible....then you may need to put some of it inside. - we have made hay bed and make mixture of grains to feed them.. then fresh water.. now they are little grown..i need them half grown so i can send them out get their food and get back home :p

You could put a netting around the balcony to prevent them falling prey to crows , eagles,cats and other predators -So far we never faced issues with these preds.. but they themselves get to lot fights :twisted:

In the night you could cover them with a large basket with good ventilation as it will be easier to keep them under control - at nights we are keeping the hay area cover with long card board (wardrobe's) with tiny holes on it..

As they grow bigger...you may have to find alternate homes for them as it may not be feasible to keep more than two at home if you live in a flat - its really gonna be so tough.. with the numbers.. we have a semi independent home.. still managing many will be a challenge... if they are grown i dont have to worry.. fingers crossed

Good luck Op...enjoy them till they become a handful.......:) - :hatsoffthanks a lot Mango

1 person likes this.
  4. DreamWorld

DreamWorld Silver IL'ite

Dear OP, it was so nice to read your comments on your chicks(pets). You are really doing a good job:thumbsup i believe. Taking care of the little and naughty ones is so difficult.

When our pet (a lab dog) was small, she used to hide under our bed or couch, and finding it was a big task for us everyday, but we had so much fun watching it grow. So I can relate with you with your little chicks:banana

Have a good time with them, these are all cute, little bondings which we need to enjoy once in our life time:cheers

5. DreamWorld

DreamWorld Silver IL'ite

Also, post their latest pics..eagerly waiting to see them.

6. powerpuffgal

you are so lucky...labs are way too naughty ones i have ever seen... i had one when i was at my mom's place .. My father is so against to pets waitingsmiley so i was not allowed to keep him forever :thumbsdown went through hard time missing a month old lab pup... i was all crying. and had my neighbor kids to console me and make me eat...

I will keep on say my DH "if i found you at that time i wouldn't have missed my teddy" even now my eyes are getting moist.. it came to me with so much illness.. i took care of him so well within a month he looked woow.. i miss him so much now..
    DH supports me here ... but i have to tie myself an invisible chain not to get such temptations to grow a puppy:bonk... as i have to manage home(few months b4) and work

i will keep saying my DH that "i want to experience this journey of growing a puppy"..

1 person likes this.
  7. Paulina

Paulina Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hi powerpuffgal ( luv your user name....what is the story of its origin?):cool2:

.Your fascination for these cute multicoloured chicks and how splendidly you are taking care of such a large number too was a delight to read.

When I read this part..... ". but i have to tie myself an invisible chain not to get such temptations to grow a puppy:bonk... as i have to manage home(few months b4) and work

i will keep saying my DH that "i want to experience this journey of growing a puppy"..

I could relate so well to your feelings about puppies.We are a family of dog lovers and have raised so many dogs through the years.Very true that the relationship we share with a doggie can never be made up by raising any other pet.
    Hope your dream will come true soon and things will work out and you will soon bring home a cute Lab pup to cuddle.So sweet of your DH to get the chicks organised.Actually a pup will be easier to manage now after your experience in handling so many chicks, so go ahead....all the best.

8. powerpuffgal

Powerpuff gal As name implies :p we are three friends we do not meet often..whatsapp helps :p rarely we do one lengthy Con-call :party.. meet up one day a year.. :hiyastill very close..

Thanks a lot Paulina.. Made my day... lucky you guys have raised lot puppies.. :gift