my new pets <3...yet to see them.. with picture..suggest me how to take care of them

Discussion in 'Pets and Animal Lovers' started by powerpuffgal, Jan 5, 2015.

1. powerpuffgal

powerpuffgal Bronze IL'ite

:shaking:Galsss...

IAM so happy today being at office not at all in mood to work. reason is down the way...

I always have this crazy love towards the "color chicks".. but my parents will say a complete "NO" to my wishes..

today my crazy DH had brought me 16 colored chickens. :gift.they are so adorable (i saw them in pic only... am sharing it here :) ) other side am soooooo afraid how am gona take care of them

Please please suggest me of what i can feed them... how the floor shud be (we have this granite type of floor am so afraid they will feel dicomfort walking, we are in first floor so there are no chances of putting them in ground)

Please help.. .reply with your suggestions, each of the one who sees this thread... this would be a great help..

Cant wait to go home and see them... 3 more BIG hours to pass.... Witsend

Attached Files:

3 people like this.

2. powerpuffgal

Re: my new pets <3...yet to see them.. with picture..suggest me how to take care of t

73 views and no replies </3:drowning

3. DreamWorld

DreamWorld Silver IL'ite

Re: my new pets <3...yet to see them.. with picture..suggest me how to take care of t

Aww, they look so cute :) I am not sure how to maintain them. But if you have a balcony or patio, keep them at that place with a meshed door.

1 person likes this.
  4. curiousgals78

curiousgals78 Gold IL'ite

please make sure you have a nice safe place for them without cats/dogs intervention.its hard to take care of so many unless you have a good yard where you can let them out for sometime without the fear of eagle stooping down to get them.they do look cute but hard to maintain. they feed on grains but without their mamma hen around they keep on screaming . it would be better if you can get a hen and tame the chicks with the big hen and the big hen can help take care of them.they eat grains and give them water. there is a possiblity of ticks if they are not in clean surroundings. good luck with hem and keep us posted how you are doing.

5. powerpuffgal

thank you ladies for the reply.. i came to check once before i leave home.... they all are waiting for me,.. so excited and same time thrilled of how its going to be.. thinkingsmiley

I asked DH to get Hays tomorrow for their bedding.. tonight we have to peep at the nearby places and get sum sand for them to walk easy... Praying God they should be fine and to give me good ideas to take care of them :bowdown

Please pour in idea that comes to you...

6. powerpuffgal

we have kept them at the Balcony space (i love that place but now they are fully occupied faintingsmiley by them) they are all so active and healthy..

1 person likes this.
  7. powerpuffgal

Its been 8 days they are all so fine:yes:.. developed little more feathers... the first two days were terrible (smell and in terms of cleaning) .. i love them but i was not ok for this Huge number (16 of them) but DH is awesome.. am thanking him for getting 16 they are so happy being and playing cuddling around.. so amusing to watch them.. weather is supportive as here its winter.. they all stick together and sleep :shaking:and enjoy the morning sun shine..

3 people like this.
  8. oysterzzz

oysterzzz Gold IL'ite

They are so lovely. It is very difficult to maintain them, especially this type of chicks. During childhood our cousin used to buy a lot for us but we couldn't maintain them. Recently my FIL also bought 3 colourful chicks for his 3 grand kids but soon our kids lost intrst upon them. Keep a watch on them when you leave them out, even crows are a threat. They need more heat, especially during winter.

9. powerpuffgal

Yes dear... even am wondering they are keeping so well.. i got few during my childhood days but they ll die really soon shakehead..

As they are huge in number this time they are doing great.. cuddling together and sleep, playing around.. they even developed little white feathers.. :2thumbsup:

1 person likes this.
  10. saarang

saarang Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

They look so cute...

1 person likes this.