1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

My new hair conditioning recipe..I tried this for me and DD..working well

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by Happy2be, Jun 6, 2014.

1. Happy2be

Happy2be Gold IL'ite

I have been distressed of my thin and falling hair issues..very thin hair. DD, 7, has long hair but they too are losing sheen and thickness. After lot of survey and guidance from salon people, I finally began with the following. Have used it twice for myself and twice for DD...Seems it will help.

A bowl of curd + 2 spoons herbal henna + 1 heaped tablespoon amla+reetha+shikakai powder + half teaspoon honey. You can add coffee for color. My purpose is deep conditioning. Hair should be clean and not dirty after 3 day wash. Apply above paste to scalp and hair and wrap in hot towel for 10-15 minutes and t hen wear a shower cap and leave for half an hour.

Wash with your shampoo and apply conditioner if you wish to. I don't apply conditioner after this as my scalp itself is oily. For DD , I apply conditioner or hair serum later just to do away with the tangles.

I have tried many things since last 3 years, once I started noticing alopecia:bonk. It seems to help instantly and I think should h elp ahead too. For DD, I use this as her hair is dry and get splitends like anything which are really very tough to do away with.

Hope this would benefit some of you too :)

5 people like this.

2. Deepu04

Deepu04 IL Hall of Fame

Guess , it would work for me as my hair is very dry and have lot of split ends... Btw.. may i know what is reetha and honey would make hair grey right????

3. Happy2be

Happy2be Gold IL'ite

mmm...I dont know the other name for reetha..AMla reethe shikakai is an ages old combination for hair..as for honey, just a little for deep moisture. I did not know it turns hair grey whaatsmileyOther options for deep conditioning can be mayonaise, pure ghee. I told a beautician friend of mine and she started this on many clients of hers and she says they are happy with the results. I too hope I see good results. Have used just twice till yet..planning to use this weekend.

Yesterday I dad loreal hair spa at home ;-)

1 person likes this.
  4. Muthuraji

Muthuraji IL Hall of Fame

Reetha (soapnut) means Boondhikottai in tamil.

1 person likes this.
  5. Happy2be

Happy2be Gold IL'ite

I used this for the 3rd time today and now I'm sure it is working for my thin and dull hair.

6. rajinitk4

rajinitk4 IL Hall of Fame

Hi Happy2be thanks for sharing the information.
    What did you do for alopecia