1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My New Gorgeous Outfit

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by BHAVNAM6, Dec 10, 2012.

1. BHAVNAM6

BHAVNAM6 Platinum IL'ite

Recently I was struggling with my weight. I knew with the progressing age our metabolism slows down but I saw significant changes in my respiratory system…as I was breathing air… was turning into fat…have you experienced something like that or it is just me ?…..

I was not able to see the numbers on my weighing scale according to my dream. But I consoled myself with excuse that I should respect my progressing age and embrace the reality.

One day…my urge of losing weight got intense when I saw the pictures of Sharmila Tagore,Hema malini, Shridevi….I thought I grew up watching these ladies and they have maintained pretty good at this age.

I was looking for the best diet plan and figured that weight watchers plan seemed fairly good to follow. (Since I mentioned about this I should be writing in the fitness forum as well…sorry off the track…)

My goal was to lose five pounds in one month and my journey began with diet which requires counting points everyday…It helped refreshing my math skill as well….

I decided to hide my scale for one month so I do not get frustrated if my scale does not want show lower numbers…in case…??? Hence...I was pretty optimistic in my journey….

I focused more on steamed veggies, salads, soups, smoothies …most likely all the diets I found in all the health websites

And the most awaiting day arrived. It was exact one month of my nonstop efforts…I decided to give air to my scale from the dark hidden spot in my closet.

Count down began…I was nervous to look at the numbers on my scale...my heart was pounding as I did not want to get disappointed to see if it was less than five pounds…as I had worked hard and it was not easy to stay on healthy diet….

.....and to my greatest astonishment I found out that I had lost seven pounds…..more than I had anticipated…..I felt like if someone ask me what is it feel like to be in heaven…..I would not have to tell anything else but the experience of this amazing feeling….

I was too excited and wanted to treat myself…..

I decided to buy me a beautiful outfit for accomplishing my goal….

Obviously I had to stay longer on this journey for quite some time…This was in-between treat for me

My husband was watching football on TV…..my husband’s biggest passion is watching sports……with glass of drink…and munchies followed by any kind of pakora…so I decided to make pakora for him... ONLY.... as I was on diet…remember? I made soup and salad for me…..I decided to go for buying outfit and then have my dinner…

My husband was wondering about my decision of suddenly buying outfit but I did not reveal the secret yet.

I went to the store and started looking outfit one size smaller than I usually would buy……

after all I had lost not fivvvvvvvvvvvvve but Seeeeeeven pounds….
    was it not an extraordinary…?
    what do you think my friends?

Anyway I found a beautiful outfit…visualizing myself looking slim and beautiful……got home…..I was hungry already…..but could not wait to try on my new gorgeous outfit….

.I went upstairs rushing…..I could see my husband’s eyes from my back in some kind of questioning…..surprise…but I did not have time to satisfy his curiosity

I wanted to make sure after wearing that outfit to remember when I look in the mirror that it is ME and not any other slim lady in elegant outfit…..hahaha

While I was trying on..I found little difficult to fit in…I tried little more gently….nope.. it did not work….I was not ready to accept that I could not fit myself in it after working so hard to lose my weight…..I am not a quitter…..now I tried little more intense and managed to fit in the new, expensive outfit…

I looked in the mirror…..it was me for sure who could wear this outfit which was one size smaller than my regular size….

I was thrilled…satisfied…..delighted……Now I realized I need to have dinner so I tried to take it off….

......but to my wonder…outfit liked me so much that it did not stop hugging me…here I was trying and it did not want to come off my body…..

it was a hysterical experience…I was moving around here and there trying all sides of my outfit to remove from my body…

and I could not stop laughing and laughing at me with my situation…..

interestingly it made my attempts more difficult…my body was getting larger and larger with my increasing laughter….

I was inhaling more air than required and it spread all over my body to blow like a balloon......!!!!!!

Now I got to the point where nothing I could do to succeed in this scenario.

I screamed at my husband to come to my rescue…..but in loud volume of TV with cheering crowds…he did not listen…

I could not move…so I called him from my cell phone….

...it was a combination of screaming and a laughter….so he could not understand it was for help…or deliver some kind of interesting announcement….

He came upstairs….I explained him in sign language as unable to speak…..he could not quite understood my point…..I used more specific signs….

...he brought me a pair of scissors…I tried all possible spots on my outfit to release me….
    ...eventually I found comfort to let it go off my body…

..I got free and relived from suffocation....

The breathe of sigh came to me when my body was in larger clothes.

..I lied down and for the first time in my life I experienced the pleasure of air moving around my body….I felt asleep….

I did not even hear my husband was calling me for dinner…..I was in a divine pleasure in my original clothes……

Next morning when I woke up I saw my new outfit lying by me as I did not have urge to put it away previous night.

The outfit looked at me in terror and begging me not to wear it for a single time…

..but friends ……was I ready either…..????

2. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Hahaha! OH my dear dear Bhavna. You are the limit!
    Enjoyed it much.
    So back to Weight Watchers now.
    Congrats on the weight loss...you go girl!

3 people like this.
  3. BHAVNAM6

BHAVNAM6 Platinum IL'ite

My dear Kkrish,

Thank you for first and lovely feedback.I loved it.....

Love,
    Bhavna

4. soumya234

soumya234 Platinum IL'ite

Ha ha ha. Had a good laugh at your expense. I forgot that you reached home and was imagining you in the fitting room trying hard to remove the outfit. I started thinking @ myself in that situation on a week day and struggling while trying at a store and what to do? Call hubby from office :):thumbsup

5 people like this.
  5. BHAVNAM6

BHAVNAM6 Platinum IL'ite

My dear Soumya,

Thank you very much for visiting my thread and loved your funny feedback as well.

I made a better choice.... lucky I was..... obviously....as my husband was home I did not try it on...

it would be a disaster in that kind of situation.....hahaha

Love,
    Bhavna

6. sushmavja

sushmavja Platinum IL'ite

hahaha..had a hearty laugh early in the morning...i can just imagine everything as you have explained in so much in detail..its hilarious..

1 person likes this.
  7. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Bhavna,

There you go again, laughing at yourself...mainly, laughing!

One thing is true though, where weight and waistlines are concerned, the culprit is not that cake we gulped down, but the age!! Belonging to the same age group as you, give or take a couple of years ( we wont get into details here:wink:), I validate the point you make, blame it on the age!

A secret I'd like to share with you to look slim and trim...you can thank me later. Okay, here it is--just buy clothes that are one or two sizes larger!! You will then look like you have lost not seven, but at least eleven pounds!:yes:

L, Kamla

6 people like this.
  8. knbg

knbg Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Bhavna,

:rotflThat was a virtual visual treat.....visualizing your ordeal through your words.....:rotfl:bowdown....Enjoyed the post ....:thumbsup

I came home just an hour ago from shopping......gifts for DH's colleagues....

This year was a flourishing year for my waistline too.....

Some how realized it and worked hard and just managed to be back to my original size.......never thought wearing my old clothes again would be so pleasurable......when I was home my DS gave me a box of laddoos.....( Dad and son duo had been shopping in the Indian store then )....relished the laddoo ........:crazy

1 person likes this.
  9. Magee

Magee Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hi,

Hilarious...you have expressed it well here.

1 person likes this.
  10. saarang

saarang Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hehehe... Hilarious one....

1 person likes this.