1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My new fascination!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Sriniketan, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Mirror, mirror on the wall..I am sure I had passed that stage, only to see more 'silver linings' on my hair and contrary to that, 'black circles' around my eyes..:biggrin2:

Nowadays I have some addition to that viewing area..'chubby cheeks'..which might be a healthy sign during my teen years, but not now :-(

So my fascination has moved away from the 'mirror on the wall' to the 'weighing scale' on the floor. :)

As the weighing scale in our house, follows a strict rule of never going astray of the number (in pounds) which made me jump in joy, (of course this is imaginary :rotfl) earlier and shows the same weight, even after some months...

I really got suspicious, is this machine really working, or it is pleasing me to put on more baggage, without my knowledge. Maybe my body and the machine made a pact in this area..I don't know..:spin

As a matter of fact, whenever my children or parents had an appointment in the doctor's office, my legs will be waiting impatiently to see the weight in the weighing scale. In some clinics I have succeeded and found that 'our loyal weighing scale' tells only the truth.

Happy was I till we thought of getting a new scale to weigh ourselves in. After much search in the store, we found one in the store and wanted to test it at home.

So each one of us lined in front of it, as it was a soothsayer. Till my children weighed in, we are all happy, because, we need them to put on some weight.

When my co-sister, who was here on her vacation, weighed herself and found that she weighed more than 7+ pounds in a singe day..:drowning

Now I got into that doubt of, if this machine shows the real number or it has started to play hide and seek once again, with my weight too.

With abated breath, I stepped on it to find that I am not inching rather galloping towards 65+ kgs..(now I thought, maybe the 'royal one in our house, has put a curse on this new one..:hide:).
    To put an end to all of our :rantmy dh, took a dumbbell which is 10 lbs and weighed it..and it showed right..

All of us came to the conclusion that this machine is showing the current or rather the correct weight.

I also came to a conclusion on that day, that I am going to be a fascinator of weighing machines in the future..:biglaugh:

Sriniketan

11 people like this.

2. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hey my dear Comedy Queen(for a long time I did not name you by this name) but for this post I just couldn't resist.....hehehehe
    So now it is not mirror mirror on the wall but it is machine machine on the floor ehhh...........:biggrin2:
    As usual really hilarous one on your weighing experience....hahaha
    Srini now don't tell me this is your 2012 resolution which has already been started.:bonk
    I don't want to look at the weighing machine and make it feel sorry for me:biggrin2:

3 people like this.
  3. vidchakra

vidchakra Platinum IL'ite

Sriniketan,
    ha ha ha.. very humorous one!

BTW... we belong to the same group.. I have fascination for WM too :)
    To tell you about my WM story.. I weighed myself at my sister's place and I was alarmed when I saw that it showed 5 kgs more than what the WM at my house shows...
    Do I have to tell you which one I believe :)

1 person likes this.
  4. sushmavja

sushmavja Platinum IL'ite

nice snippet sriniketan..am too crazy about checking my weight these days...almost twice a week

1 person likes this.
  5. knbg

knbg Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sri ma'am.....:)
    Just this morning I was musing......In my 10 years of marriage.......My waist line had increased almost linearly.. :spin
    Even if it increases in the same manner......I would be.....:drowning.and with that mood I came here and I am seeing your post ma'am....:thumbsup..Answers are always there in IL when we need them........:rotfl.Thanks for the cute post that lifted my mood instantly..........:thumbsup:bowdown

Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  6. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Ha Srini!! Now i have to sigh!! Like the mirror on the wall which always answered "you my lady!" to the question, "mirror mirror on the wall, who is the fairest of them all", if only that weighing machine could answer to the question "weighing machine weighing machine on the floor, who is the slimmest of all?" with "certainly you my lady" - how fantastic would that be! Instead it seems to tell us all as if we were asking "WM WM on the floor, who is the fattest of all"!! All of you are so brave to check your weight so often. I do not, do not step on that scale - I have enough cousins and friends telling that to me constantly to my updated pics on FB :) Who needs a scale especially after a hard work out at the Gym! I come out feeling reassured I did what I was supposed to and leave the weight problem to the doctor who keeps an eye yearly!

Made a nice reading Srini and brought a smile :)

2 people like this.
  7. kelly1966

kelly1966 Platinum IL'ite

Hi sri..
    I stopped mirror mirror on the wall.. long back.. as it directly reflects the results of the weighing scale on the floor ( and I don't even possess those evil things!!!)...
    I dread a weighing scale.. haven't stepped on one since ages.... but yes I do make weak attempts at planning to diet and exercise...:hide:.
    well..
    K

1 person likes this.
  8. upfsabari

upfsabari IL Hall of Fame

It happens with me too Sri.. :)

Nice post.. :) :)

1 person likes this.
  9. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dea r Sri,

HAHAHAHAHAHA.So the weighting scale is giving u the nightmares eh ! Well i have one at home and it shows the right weight, for i have not incrased my wiehgt in the last 5 years, i stand close to 100 kgs. When i weigh, i wear just a towel around me, bcs i dont want a kg or two of my clothes to come on it, and my wife is not amused at all.

at my doctors, i remove my purse, shoes, sweater, and he laughs and says ok i will reduce a kg, but dont do this striptease in my dispensary. HAHA

Good one.

Regards

kamal

1 person likes this.
  10. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear Srinik,

That is great.... Enjoyed your weighing scale experience... You know, DW has an obsession on this weight issues... She was insisting that I buy a weighing scale(WS) from Muscat, and send it to her... so that the measurement will be acqurate.... hahahahahaha... The WS understood my difficulties and my problems, when my DW asks, please check my weight... She will not see, because she is scared of the result.... You know, the WS configured itself.... that it will not show more than a particular weight... It will stop at that stage... Even if you are over weight... So... It made DW happy, that she is not putting on more weight.... I am also save from anouncing something, which she doesnt want to hear.... you know....hahahahahahahha... Now, she has decided to buy a new one...

Let me see... how my luck is... Fortunately for.. I dont check my weight... You see... we should not scare ourselves frequently.... That is not good for health....Sondha kasula, namakku namey sooniyam vechukka koodathu....

Veda

3 people like this.