1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Mother-in-love

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by jayasala42, May 12, 2019.

1. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Madam Gauri,Thank you for your kind response.With all her knowledge ,she was vary calm and humble.Until I told my parents, no one knew that she was such a versatile woman.She might not have had a school certificate.She had her younger sister who was also widowed at the age of 15, with a son, 15 days old. The sisters lived with their parents. Actually that aunt also was with us. Every one used to saythat I had two MIL s to manage.But her sister also was of similar nature and she loved me and my children a lot.When I was carrying my second child, MIl went to help her daughter who also had baby at the same time. This chithi of mine stayed with me, attended to my elder daughter,helped me in bathing the child and so on.Unlike MIL, who was very calm, this auntie was very social; She could talk on any subject under the sky-from the most orthodox traditions to the space science.My MIl would listen carefully to the conversation. Actually she was another mother-in-love to me. But she passed away in 1977 when she was just 53,when she was staying with us.
    On seeing both the women so close in life, I am forced to believe that there should be understanding MILs in many other homes, when we want to see the other side.
    I have kept all my memories in writing. I have around 3000 such
    articles to share out of the rich experience I had in my joint family at the place of birth. I had sorted them subject wise as Religion, Essays, Kadamba mala, Fine arts etc etc and had them spirally bound in 12 volumes for the children to enjoy and learn.

Thank you.
    Jayasala 42

2. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

My dear Akka you are blessed and fortunate to have such a caring and loving mil. She seems to be a courageous person. You are also equally great and your family is blessed to have you. sad to know about your husband but with your love,care and hard work you could bring back his memory, which shows your patience and perseverance. There is a lot to learn from you.

Congrats for being nominated.

3. jayasala42

Thank you Viji for your kind response. I think 'mamiyaar amaivathellam iraivan koduththa varam.
    Thank you for your good wishes.
    Jayasala 42

iyerviji likes this.
  4. Afresh

Afresh Gold IL'ite

Dear @jayasala42 Mam,
    You are truly blessed to have such an affectionate and sensitive MIL!
    Such a beautiful post ! It's so great and heart warming to read such a tribute to a most deserving person.
    I must confess I read all your posts with great interest , as I love the amount of anecdotes that relate with the subject of the snippet!!
    I also feel blessed to get to read these positive stories :) and all other anecdotes that you write which offer an inisght into days gone by!

5. jyotiparab

jyotiparab Silver IL'ite

@jayasala42
    Beautiful one...bought tears in my eyes...lot to learn from the post and really a good one from the ones have read..
    she is a treasure...keep her happy and my praam to her

6. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

@jayasala42 JS mam Your MIL is a wonderful woman adorned with great qualities.Lovely snippet and you are great to dedicate this to Mother In Love.

7. jayasala42

Thank you Madam Afresh! I am really fortunate to have AMIL who was my Guru to lift me up during crisis, appreciate me for the nice taste of Deepavali Sweets etc.
    Jayasala 42

Afresh likes this.
  8. jayasala42

Thank you Jyotiparab,
    My mother-in-law was with us for 32 years and she breathed her last at the age of 80.She was born in 1916.
    jayasala 42

9. jayasala42

Dear Periamma,
    Thank you very much.My MIL was a gem and it is very rare to find such women amongst our families.Her essential virtue was patience and not to find fault with others. She would never like to see the negative side of anyone .She was amenable to high discipline and was ready to accept her mistakes immediately .Many MILs won't accept their folly even if they know fully well. She was really great.
    Jayasala 42

jyotiparab and periamma like this.
  10. happydheivanai

happydheivanai Silver IL'ite

Super..u r lucky