My Morning Alarm.

Discussion in 'Pets and Animal Lovers' started by umaakumar, Nov 8, 2016.

1. umaakumar

umaakumar Finest Post Winner

People who want to get up early will set an alarm in their mobile or the clock and go to sleep. But for me I do not need any alarm. I wake up at the stroke of 5. This was a blessing to me while I was working as I had to rush through many things before leaving for office. But now- OH My God!!!. People ask me why I get up so early?

Well my 2 dogs sleep with me on my bed. To put in in proper terms, me and my husband sleep on their beds in whatever space they give us. So we have no fixed place. My Kelly will sleep in between both of us and my Ronnie will sleep on my pillow. So I have to keep another pillow below my pillow and go to sleep. Luckily I am short. Now I have learned to sleep without a pillow. Half the time my legs are folded and I cannot stretch. In cold days I cannot pull my blanket as my Kelly is sleeping on it and will not move whatever you do.

Adding to all this, both of them know the time accurately. By 10 PM, we must all be in bed. Otherwise Kelly is sitting next to us and whining telling us that it is time. Then she will settle in the bed, leaving very little space for us. So starts my night. At about 4.45 AM you can feel a little movement on the bed. Probably that is the way these dogs yawn and wake up. Then she will slowly crawl and move towards our face. In a very soft voice whine to see our reaction. Meantime Ronnie who would have got off the bed, will jump on me as if I am the bed itself and lodge himself on my chest. Completely spread out on my body with his nose just near my lips. If by chance you show any signs of face movement, then that is it. Kelly will jump up and lick my lips and make so many different noises. Ronnie will put his face close to my cheeks and nudge me to pet him. He will do a rolling dance with his legs up and wriggle like a worm.

Where can you sleep after all this. The minute I have gotten up Ronnie will bring his ball and ask me to play, in his loudest of barks.

Now the best part is after all this, making sure we are up, Kelly will slowly climb on her favorite chair and go back to sleep!!!!!!!!!!!!!:tired:

2. Paulina

Paulina Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hi Uma, That was such a heart warming post.Felt like I was watching a movie!! Could picture the bedtime routine of your doggies with you & DH so beautifully .Felt I was seeing a rerun of our own bedtime scenes. Our two brats Romeo & Julius are the same too but they are fortunately lazy bums and do not wake us up though Julius the basset hound being smaller than Romeo our 10 year old Lab gets the best place ...which is in between me & DH .He has his own 2 pillows so no problem till he changes and comes to my feet side then we have the usual tussle for he plonks on the blanket and I have to struggle if I need to turn ! Romeo seldom comes up .He prefers to be near the AC .Please do send pictures here of your doggies.What breeds are they ?

ChennaiExpress likes this.
  3. divshiri87

divshiri87 Gold IL'ite

Hi Uma,
    Even my darling doo doo is same but the difference is he wont sleep between me and my DH whole night because he feels that we will disturb his sleep. In the morning by 5, he will come near to our bed and will start making noises for his nature calls. After that he will come on our bed and will start playing with us. Thats it we wont sleep after that but he will sleep between us after sometime and he will make us to cover our blanket so that he can have good sleep. Waking up on weekends without alarm is good but on weekends

Paulina likes this.
  4. umaakumar

umaakumar Finest Post Winner

Dear Paulina,

Thanks Paulina for your reply. I am so late in replying. My dogs are both pomererians. I had earlier posted photos of them in "Membership free". I will post some more when i get a good pose

Regards
    Uma