1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

my maid was beaten

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by sindmani, Nov 8, 2015.

1. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

My maid(now she left) was physically abused and beaten by her husband badly and admitted in hospital few months back.he usually beats her it seems . This made me think a lot. I told her to not take the beating. Once he starts beating please move to ur mom's home nearby. Don't show up until his anger subsides. But please tell me permenant solution. It will be helpful for many people. According to me what ever it is no one should beat their wives.

2. MaliniHari

MaliniHari Gold IL'ite

Well, thats ridiculous. She could try talking - making him understand + Warning him of the consequences. It is a criminal offence and he could spend years in jail. It is up to her to decide which course of action she has to take.

sindmani likes this.
  3. sslkgpaa

sslkgpaa Gold IL'ite

Long back I remember maid telling my mom similar story. My mom said if he is beating you (after drinking alcohol) then you must return him (beat him back). If she gets beaten by an alcoholic (who presumably loses control on mind and body) then its her fault. Either leave him or deal with that. Why would she expect mercy from outsiders?
    Yours maids' story might be different, but essentially no one can beat her if she doesn't allow.

sindmani likes this.
  4. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

The news which is pestering my heart came through my former neighbour in India. My maid expired by commiting suicide. She was beaten a lot and people went for panchayath. When things settled down,her husband went to his work. But she drank pois..n.this is what I heard. I feel for her. She is good at heart. At least if that fellow had not beaten her she would have been alive. She is too young . she was married earlier and that too her own mom's younger brother. Her daughter is left motherless . God is sometimes really not merciful. Merciful God was our school prayer though. But real world is not God living place .

5. iamsrihere

iamsrihere Platinum IL'ite

When educated women suffer in abusive marriages, no wonder these women succumb to issues. The society doesn't allow women to remain single.Their character is most often assassinated due to which women are afraid to come out of their marriage and stay single.

May her soul RIP..

sindmani likes this.
  6. Umanga

Umanga Gold IL'ite

Horrible. Absolutely horrible. There is no end to suffering.

sindmani likes this.
  7. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

In this case my maid(M)'s mom itself did not support her that much. She would ask her to adjust to all his beatings(fateful) and for her husband after hospitalization too she should work and bring money with out taking rest. She should provide the money in his hands. Her mom( she too was a maid in that area, I knew her) couldn't do anything but as per my M's words she has little soft corner for her brother( son in law).

8. Umanga

Umanga Gold IL'ite

The horror. The horror.

9. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

Now i want just to know how to stop this kind of thing. This happened a while back so i need inputs on how i can help them. Or any other when they tell me their problem. Because had I helped her more than giving advice she could have been alive.

10. Umanga

Umanga Gold IL'ite

You can help them by giving them food, water and shelter, maybe money. What else can you do? India has a lot of problems and the family reigns supreme. There is no way to protect a person from their family once they have decided to go after an individual member. Unless you are powerful yourself and can take them under your wing, best to stay out of it.

EnlightenedSoul and sindmani like this.