1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Love For Birds

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Tamrakshar, Mar 17, 2018.

1. Star25

Star25 Gold IL'ite

Wow I enjoyed reading your article. It reminded me of my childhood days when I used to feed the sparrows with grains. Initially they used to fly off when they saw me come closer to them. Later when I used to keep food for them they used to come near me and eat it. God has created these amazing little birds with so much of brain. I heard crow is the most intelligent bird. And it proves it bcoz everyday I use to keep food and whenever I open the back door to go out I would find it sitting right there as though waiting to snatch it from me. Thanks to you for that nice write up since I went back in time to my childhood days for a few minutes and got reminded of those good memories.

radv and Tamrakshar like this.
  2. Tamrakshar

Tamrakshar Platinum IL'ite

Star25, like you and I, everyone has a story to tell about one's interactions with birds. Childhood without birds is simply unthinkable. Even in metro cities, the first sound that fascinates a little child is the caw-caw of a crow. As far as sparrows are concerned, I tried to be friendly with them also. But, they didn't respond very positively.

3. Star25

Star25 Gold IL'ite

Yes I agree with you that evryone in their childhood would have gotten some interaction with the birds. But now a days in this fast paced world we hardly get to enjoy such sweet littLe things. Since you are a bird lover would like to share this with you. In Singapore there is a Jurong bird park. If you had already been to it its good. But of not you must definitely visit that park. Different kinds of birds, so colourful and very rare species are also found there. Plus they habe bird shows too. If you get a chance to visit I'm sure you would enjoy it.

Tamrakshar likes this.
  4. Tamrakshar

Star25, thanks for bringing Jurong bird park on my radar. Today, I googled it. When I visit Singapore, the place will be surely in my itinerary. My tour of Bharatpur Bird Sanctuary in February 2008 was completely disappointing. However, I was pleasantly surprised to see plenty of colourful birds on the entrance of Ranthambore forest.

Star25 likes this.
  5. Star25

Star25 Gold IL'ite

@tamrakshsar: Great! From your write up, I could see how much you love birds and am sure you will enjoy the trip to the Jurong bird park in Singapore.

Tamrakshar likes this.
  6. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

@Tamrakshar,

What a nice snippet to read. Your childhood must be enjoyable years living in your own world and communicating with species of different kinds. If you like to embolden the birds and animals, the best approach is to feed them. They consider that as an act of love.

In our family, we have a miniature Dachshund and when I need to communicate with him, I bent down and reach close to his ears and whisper bunch of words of love. Sometimes, I do baby talk. My family still wonders how Orion (the puppy) straightens his ears every time I try to talk and turn back to look at my face. "Are you hungry?" in a whispering voice makes him wag his tail indicating his desire to eat. If he walks below my feet rapidly touching the feet, it is an indication that he needs to go out. Their language is language of love. When I discipline him for wandering into the street crossing the lawn territory of our house, he gets a little upset for a few minutes only to restore his love with wagging tails once I talk to him back with love.

Viswa

Mistt and Tamrakshar like this.
  7. Tamrakshar

Thanks Star25 for your great enthusiasm in my post. :smiley:

8. Tamrakshar

Viswa ji, it's nice to know about your warm relationship with your puppy. Why did you have to name him on a constellation? That name is very uncommon for dogs, I must say.

I have never owned a dog, but you have. So, I am asking you a question out of curiosity. Do the pet dogs take sides when the owners, husband and wife, quarrel among themselves? I am asking this because in my neighbourhood, a guy has 3 dogs. Whenever he quarrels with his wife -- and boy, they do it so loudly --- the dogs always bark at the top of their lungs.

9. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Tamraksharji:

It is my son who named him on a constellation to have a unique name.

The dogs have peculiar bonding with the human beings they are associated with. They always remain close to where they are located. If we move from one room to another leaving them alone in another room, they will move immediately where the family is relocated. They also think when everyone leaves from home, they have done something wrong resulting in their family walking away from them. That is why when they come back, they shower the love by wagging the tail to make it up with them.

If the family fights in front of them, they always think it has something to do with them. They really feel sad that they caused it. Every time when there is argument in our home, I have told my family members time and again to pet him after they are done quarreling with someone so that Orion understand we are at peace with him.

That is my humble view based on his reactions.

Viswa

Tamrakshar and Mistt like this.
  10. Tamrakshar

Viswa ji, thanks for elaborating. While addressing, you can omit the ji from my name.