1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Lord, Help me Please

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Dec 16, 2011.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Kamalji good post. I thought I only wait for fbs, glad that my brother is also in the same boat. But you have so many admirers here so dont worry about fbs. Better to thank God for everything and He knows what to give when. But still for some things we have to ask Him when He is going to bless us, like me waiting to become a grandmother for my son's child. Some people believe that if we offer something to God only we get something. But God has already planned when he brought us in to the world to give whatever we deserve. If we have done good karma in last birth we will get everything. But it takes time and we have to wait patiently.

2. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

Kamal:
    I always find it interesting that the folks who claim such a deep faith in God have such a hard time when the woman is infertile, the child dies, the fortune is wrecked, and many other calamities. It seems to me that our real faith in God is accepting these things, NOT in wanting stuff or enjoying the benefits. The calamities are what test faith in my opinion.

As to the rupee, well for those who are wishing to ship money to India its a boom time. I remember my first trip to India in 97 had an exchange rate of 35. Few years ago I saw a train video from India and they were saying the exchange was somehting like 8 back in the early 70's (is this true???!!). Here in the states due to the subprime and machinations on Wall Street many folks are ruined just at retirement age and the prognosis for the young folks is that they will never recover their whole life so little rupee fluctuation.....maybe should be thankful.

All this talk of money and God: here is a joke that a Jewish friend told me:

There was a this very devout Orthodox Jewish man and every day he would go to the temple and pray and pray "God, God, let me win the lottery." He continued this for years and years and his faith was becoming tested as the time passed with no winning of the lottery. He started to wail "God, why don't you let me win the lottery? I have had such faith for years and years. Please God, give me a sign." Suddenly a light appeared above him and he heard a voice (God speaking in a good NY Jewish accent): "Ya gotta buy a ticket!!"

4 people like this.
  3. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear pushpa,

what if that i had just one wish granted and i ask a silly one, that i want more FB's and waste it on FB's eh ! Well i was just joking, good u dont bother about FB's. that is the way it should be.

Regards

kamal

4. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Kamalji,
    Koun banega karorpathi...there will be no need for such shows in future..if only we know how much we are worth ..haha..

Liked the way, as you had described, how even the Lord is caught between the odds..:)

I am making a point nowadays and giving every possible thought, if nothing goes the way, it should..or i thought is should :biggrin2: it happens for good and if something is happening against our wish, it must be good to us, even though we don't realise it now, maybe in future.

Moreover thanking Him, now and then, whenever I count my blessings :)

sriniketan

1 person likes this.
  5. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Satchi,

Well the ten rupees at any rate, old or new, how does it matter. We do bargaining with god, that u give me 100, i give u ten eh ! HAHA

Yes why do we have to grovel before him, why not thank him for giving us all that he already has.

Thanks for the kind words.

Regards

kamal