1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Lord, Help me Please

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Dec 16, 2011.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

My Lord,Help Me Please

HAHA. Don’t worry, I am not asking the judge of the court anything, nor asking the lord upstairs , but this is what people are doing these days, as the latest article in The economic times of today, that is 16th of December 11.

The title of the article is “ Let God Save the Rupee”. Now read on, first what the article says,

Image1596.jpg

Losing faith in the Reserve Banks ability to stem the Rupees free fall, thousands of devouts have sought divine intervention to save the currency.

This week Devotees gathered at the Chilkur Balaji Temple in Hyderabad on two days to recite the Runa Vimochana Narasimha Stotram, , a chant to ease the onslaught of the dollor and help with the recovery of money from defaulters.

Well the legend goes that Lord Venkateshwara is indebted to lord kuber,for clearing his debts. Lord Venkateshwara, whose temple is at Tirupathi, is said to have borrowed money from Kuber, and the legend goes, that he is still paying the interest on the loan amount .

Well gods borrowing money, and paying interest, after thousands of years, the interest rate must have been hefty eh !

Well coming to the present, the dollor story, yesterday the dollor reached 54.30 rupees. The first time we have seen it.people care coming to the diety, to reduce the dollor, for it is hurting them. A lady said she had borrowed a lakh dollors for her sons study in the US, then the dollor was 44, and now it is 54, so she will have to pay 10 lakhs more, so asking the diety to help her !!!

But what if the dollor had gone down to 40, and she would have had saved 4 lakhs, then would she have gone to the diety to thank him ? And parted with a lakh from the 4 lakhs she saved ? Your guess is as good as mine.

I guess most people treat Gods, dietys and temples as they treat the Doctor. We only go to the doc , when we are sick, never go to him and tell him, Doc I am fine these days, and I have come to say my thanks to u, for u keep me healthy !!!

So when u have a profit , u stay home, and when u suffer a loss, then go the temple, and beg and plead and give a 100 buck offering so that u can have lakhs and crores of profits.

Everything has two sides, like a coin. If a farmer gets good remuneration for his product , he is happy, but the consumer is unhappy. Now both go and pray to the lord, same temple, farmer says , get me a good price, the consumer goes and prays , god let veggies and fruits be cheap this time.

The exporter who is expecting dollors for the goods sold when the dollor was 45, prays for 54 and above, the importer who has to pay in dollors, prays for the dollor to come down. Now tell me what will poor God do, he cannot please both, one will remain unhappy either way !!!

If I was god, for example, I would go mad, and would have been in a heavenly asylum for sure, with these diverse demands coming in, people no t allowing me tosleep, ringing loud bells at all odd hours, putting down 10 bucks before me , and asking me to take them to KBC hot seat and wanting to win 5 crores.

I would myself ponder, as God, if I look that stupid for people to bribe me for 10 bucks, so that they get 5 crores ? Maybe I would go for a makeover, to look smart enough , to not let devotees take me for a 10 buck ride eh !

And people also go to this particular temple for VISAs, so that get visa, so they can go on a tourist visa to USA or UK, and then disappear and go work illegally there for years, making God their accompolice in crime too eh !

Guys, don’t u ever go and thank the lord for once, that he has given u health, a good healthy kidney and liver, do u know what is the cost of buying a kidney from a donor ? The whole damn thing will cost u close to 25 lakhs, if u manage to get one that is , and 15000 to 20000 monthly expenses on medicines to make the new kidney like yr other organs everyday ?

Do u know that what the organs in yr body are worth at market rates today ? Each of us is a crorepati by way of our body !!!

And we still crib and cry eh , that God has not given us enough !

Let the poor guy sleep in peace, for once, and now even for dollor rate u have gone to him ? Wrong place to go, go to the Governor of RBI !!!

Amen

KAMAL MAHTANI

Money , Attitute and Ego are like “ Underwear “.
    You should have it, but not show it,
    Unless u become a SUPERMAN !!!
    (something like mukesh Ambani perhaps ? )

A Student was asked to write a signboard for traffic rules near the school. He wrote
    “ Drive carefully ! don’t kill the students
    Wait for the teachers !!!

Samundar se kaho dapni lehre sambhal ke rakhe ,
    Zindagi mein toofan lane ke liye ,
    “ Gharwali hi kafi hai “

What is common between any Rich mans car and his wife ?
    Both are highly maintained and very less used,
    By the original owners !!!!!

At dinner a little boy was asked to lead in prayer
    Boy – But I don’t know what to pray
    Father – just pray for yr family members
    Boy – Dear lord, This coming Chirstmas, please send clothes for all the poor ladies on my daddys Blackberry, and provide shelter fo rthos homeless men, who use moms room, when daddy is away !

AMEN

6 people like this.

2. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamalji

This is the plight of many. You can include us too. As working for the indian company my DH gets the salary in Rs but here converted to dollar so now we will be getting less dollars...hahahaha

I don't want to blame God or any one for this, I think we will get only as much as it is in our fate. HE knows what is best for us and how much we require.

Last joke.....:thumbsup

3. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Aruna,

thanks for the first comment, and that too, treading where others are fearing to come, imagine 70 views and just one FB of yours.i am wondering to to go the lord to ask for more FBs.yes, what is due to us we will get, these are things that go up and down, we ordinary people dont have any control over tghem, so why go and pray and trouble the lord eh !

Glad u liked the jokes, the last one was spicy i had to edit it, to make it presentable.HAHA

Regards

kamal

1 person likes this.
  4. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Kamalji,

You raise a valid point about God - really it is not a barter system with God isn't it? I have often wondered people praying like if this happens I will do that etc....not that I have not done it, yes in younger days I have done it and it was only limited to I will go around the temple so many times etc! Now, I do know of some people who pray to our Tirupathi Lord with "10% of my profits/earnings will go to you" - I am amazed at observing these people. It is one thing to believe in the existence of the divine and another to bring him down to our level of existence. Thank God he is God and he knows to stay put!

Made me wonder Kamalji! Yes, we often over look all the things going good for us! Thank you for this insightful and thought provoking post!

5. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Well the legend goes that Lord Venkateshwara is indebted to lord kuber,for clearing his debts. Lord Venkateshwara, whose temple is at Tirupathi, is said to have borrowed money from Kuber, and the legend goes, that he is still paying the interest on the loan amount

how many times I have gone to Tirupathi and to think that I never knew this legend before? So the lord is paying his debts through his devotees???? iNteresting.:)

dollar to rupee to ringetts is very interesting and worth watching every day,like the share prices.I was telling my hubby the day it is more we must transfer funds to India but that doesnt happen.we are too laidback to be so smart.:hide:

6. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sabita,

Yes if u tell lord balaji to give u 100, and u promise him just 10 out of it eh ! HAHA. And that we will give our hair if something is fullfilled.How sad. i mean give ur hair even otherwise, without asking anything, why make a bargain, why not go to a diety, with no wish in yr heart, other than to say thank u lord, for everything u have given, why this bargainin g, i can never understand.

i beleive in God, but dont follow any diety or rituals, for me all gods are one. Yes he is god that is why he is still sane am ong anll the insane people we have on this earth.HAHA

Thank u for a wonderful FB, which encriches this blog.

Regards

kamal

7. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mindi,

See u must pay me for the information i give u all.HAHA. even i was not aware till i read the article.
    tht reminds me, today one moneylender was caught in Banglore, he had some two dozen flats etc, he used to charge a monthly interest of 20%, wiow. Maybe int he olden days the gods took money on interest at steep premiums too, as the story tells us eh ! And still repaying.

Yes the best time to remit money to india, and have lots of money for the dollors.Think over it.

Regards

kamal

8. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamalji,
    A nice thoughtful write up!
    So you are going to pray to the Lord for getting more fbs? I am just joking.
    I never bother about fbs. I just post and and some times even forget to see if there are any fbs. In this matter I am following karma yoga on an experimental basis so that I could later train my mind in other matters also.
    Love,
    PS

9. satchitananda

satchitananda Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamalji,

An amazing post. You have virtually echoed my thoughts on this matter. We are stupid enough to think we need to offer something to God, as if he does not have enough and is dependent on us for our piddly Rs. 10/-. One thing you did not clarify was Rs. 10/- at existing rates or at the earlier rates. That should also count, right?

Very valid question - how many of us thank God for what we have instead of grovelling endlessly for more?

Good jokes too. :)

10. kkrish

kkrish Finest Post Winner

Dear Kamalji
    I fully agree with you!
    I too never agreed to this asking God for this and that in return for my offerings to Him/Her. My father always says that we have not even left the Lord away from bribing.

However, over the years I have come to realize that people need to have hope in some form. Sometimes hope is all some people have.

These form of prayers keeps their hopes alive and I have resigned myself to the fact that I have no right to impose my beliefs or non-beliefs on them. Right or wrong, as long as they are happy about their actions so be it!

I remember a joke: A modern young man prayed very ardently to God. God appears before him and says, "I commend your deep faith in me; ask what you want"
    Young man, "God I want lots of money to last at least two generations, a huge bungalow, the latest model cars, and lots of jewelry for my wife".
    God, "Young man, if I can give you all these, why would I remain God; wouldn't I be born a human being?"

1 person likes this.