1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

my lil fella dosent like fruits. curd, cheese...

Discussion in 'Infants' started by lalith123, Feb 7, 2012.

1. lalith123

lalith123 Senior IL'ite

Hi all...

need help badly guys.. my lil one is gonna be 1yr soon.. he dosent like to eat fruits.. any fruits.. sounds strange but yes.. total no-no to fruits.. i literally force and make him eat.. not fruit not juice not puree.. nothing at all
    tried apple raw and boiled no go
    tried papaya no go
    tried banana no go
    tried chickoo no go
    tried oranges no go
    tried watermelon no go
    tried pineapple no go
    tried fruit curds( those DANONE one's) no go

he dosent like curd, cheese...he pukes if he has curd.. i give him fresh curd.. still not happening...

chked with all docs.. they cudnt help :(
    m tired ... feeling soo down on this...
    plz gimme ideas and help me outt this..

can i keep giving cerelac fruits( diff flavours )... i hate to give him packed food.. but since kinda fruit goes inside so i continue with cerelac fruits diff flavours.. till wen shud i keep giving cerelac???

how abt packed juices??? i mean those REAL and TROPICANA??? can i ?? he is still 1yr old..??? i feel like banging my head sometimes.. u know i m frustrated

2. Sanmithra

Sanmithra Bronze IL'ite

Hi,
    My son also doesn't like curd. You can try giving curd by mixing it with is lunch menu, for ex you can mix curd in his dhall/veg rice. You can flavour curd by adding few drops of ginger juice or by adding oil sauted mustard, turmeric powder, cumin in curd rice. You can prepare fruit milk shake by adding nuts like badam,dry grapes, fig, dates in it (with out adding sugar it will taste good), it will also be of taste of cerelac. Hope he should be liking this combination.

Try it out. Good luck :)

3. lalith123

lalith123 Senior IL'ite

yea curd in veggies ... dat goes sometimes with rice...
    m worried more abt fruits .. plz help

4. Sanmithra

Sanmithra Bronze IL'ite

Hi, Try giving fruit milk shake. You can also add few drops of lemon juice to any chutney or to any food that he eats, in this way he will get his Vit c requiements (If he is not ready to take it as juice). My son also never like any fruit. I used to give him the juice in name of medicine, by pour it in the medicine measuring cap. Introude the fruits indirectly to his food, if he is not ready to take it directly.

5. paddubala

paddubala Silver IL'ite

As a first time mom, I can understand your frustration..but i can assure you it is not a big worry to have sleepless nights..My now 2 yr old was in the same situation.@ one year, she hated whole milk, no curd till now and wasnt eating at all (forget abt fruits)..so i had to focus more on making her have some carbs than think abt nutrition...only now, when she is playing actively with her brother n his friends, she takes a bite of fruit..but better than nothing...
    you can keep trying but do not worry abt it..1-2 is the hardest phase if the kid is a picky eater..
    rest assured, they will turn out fine..i dont bother much as she is very active, vocal and advanced for her age..they find eating a difficult task !!

To add, both my kids (5 and 2) never eat curd at all..taken after their father..but are healthy..