1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Life Pages Written By God

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by periamma, Feb 6, 2018.

1. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

God has written a huge book with all the characters of this universe. i thought of reading my page under the headings RUKMANI.There are so many Rukmani in this world and I was worried a bit that how can I find my page?what a wonder I found it easily as God has written my parents name and my address following in that page .i shouted with joy as if I have invented a new planet .whenever I read a book first I go through some pages and jump to the last page to find whether the ending is a Happy ending or sad one.

Started reading my pages and enjoyed the childhood life events and proceeded further.Then starts the next chapter in my life entering into a big family as a sweet little daughter in law.on the first day my husband said to me “you have to give respect to my Mother,my brothers my sisters and my Annis(Bhabis) and have to adjust with them .i should not get any complaints about you.Got it”what a Golden words from my dh and these lines were also underlined with red ink by God. Before that my Father said Don’t bring any issues from your in-laws and you should never share your problems with the members of our family. I talked to myself Aha what a good people around me and I must Be more careful in my activities.

Then I turned on pages regarding Motherhood helping my children in their studies and was very busy till they got a good job and a good life Partners..After they settled in their life I was a little bit relaxed as they had their partners to take care of them .Now my two sons began to share their views.Amma you are an excellent wife,an excellent mother and now you must be an excellent MIL.Then I asked them what should I do to be a good MIL?Ma you have seen many ups and downs in your life but you faced them with courage and found good solutions.Like that even if your Dils say anything you just ignore their word as they are very much younger to you and have no experience to face problems.For our peace of mind don’t take it seriously and you be calm and cool .At a fracture of a minute I got angry and replied to them what do you think of me my boys?Do you want me to be a doll without any emotions?As a dil I had many compromises to lead a peaceful life and as a MIL again compromises.Oh no what a soul am I !compromises,Perseverance and Tolerance were in full swing in my life.i was sad and blamed God for blessing me with such a life.My son laughed and said Ma God knows to whom HE has to give these qualities and has selected you .you are in Good book of God.Be a role model of a good MIL.

I left these pages and blamed God for giving me problems and HE has not given anything to enjoy my life. Immediately “HE answerd you idiot you have enjoyed your life from the first day of your birth till you reached 17 years old.what a long time you had joyful moments in your life.Are you not satisfied with a long time happiness?you are a greedy girl and you need more joy .it is not fair on your part. you start from the first page and then you will realize how lucky you are.Have you ever missed good food, beautiful dress and a big house to live.you had all the pleasures in your life when compared to others.so try to be happy with what you have” Then I apologized to HIM for my immature questions.Thank you my lord giving me such a wonderful life

Friends Pardon me for a long post .just for fun i have written this.I am not aware whether you are going to throw stones or flowers

sindmani, kkrish, knbg and 7 others like this.

2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Nice post. Why should we throw stones for such a nice post. I think we women are born to adjust in every walk of life. Anyway there is a satisfaction that we have lived for other s

3. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

@periamma

What should I do? Laugh, sympathise/empathise or wear a halo and sit in a nice little chair?

Whatever you have written is so so so real. Everybody wants you (me!) to be good forever but what is the definition of being good? Does being good mean to seal our mouths, mask our feelings, shut our senses but continue to do the DUTIES?

Well, in your story even God is manipulating and he is asking you to settle for a consolation prize! I guess this is the story of most women. I remember my mother consoling me with the words, "Aren't you a good girl? Keep quiet now.":rolleyes: Only much later in life, I learnt that to snatch our rightful rights, sometimes we have to become bad girls also!

Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
    sindmani, jskls, periamma and 4 others like this.
  4. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

Nice starting and good to know your name is Rukmani and I used to do same as you while reading books ( fiction).

Most of the Indian patents tell same . I guess it is changing. There is long way to go still i won't tell like that to my daughter.
    Maybe you are such a nice person but I won't give chance to all these compromises and lectures when kids settle down I will live my life how I like and fulfill my wishes. Hope so !
    It is 100% true, before marriage life is the happiest phase of my life. Yup ,trying to be happy with what I have and Thank you to God for everything.
    periamma , it is worth to read your post and liked the way you convinced .Take Care!

5. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for sharing your life pages @periamma. So nice of you to have adjusted to both old and younger generations. Hopefully all your pages read Peace loudly.

6. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

@iyerviji Good morning .Happy to read your first response and thank you for the fb.

iyerviji likes this.
  7. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

@GeetaKashyap Geeta Thanks for your response.Ha Ha "To get our Royal rights ,sometimes we have to become bad girls"i like your version.By God's grace having good terms with DILS and my only prayer is this affectionate relationship must continue till my end.

8. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

@Mistt Thank you for your lovely response..what i have mentioned in my post suits our generation which is commonly seen in many families.Now time has changed and life style is different from ours.i never find fault with younger generation as they do dual roles.i have said to my children if you have problems you both sit and talk and solve it.Don't bring it to us as we are unaware what is going on between you both .you both are the Masters of your life.Totally i want peace in family

9. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

@jskls Lakshmi Thank you for your kind response.you know me well

GeetaKashyap and jskls like this.
  10. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:Rukmani - sounds alongwith Sathya Bama good. but the book supposed to have been authored by the omnipotent is fantastic but with just one read would be impossible to imbibe the spirit.
    Thanks for beautiful composition revealing your erudition and diction.
    Regards.