1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Life Journey With My Special Kid!

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by Swethasri, Feb 25, 2014.

1. Mathima

Mathima Bronze IL'ite

Wowww.. Nice menu.. Me too will do.. But not daily..coz mine is a dosa lover n great idli hater:pensive:.. Upma too occasionally only.. So used to make lentils dosa like DAT..

Swethasri likes this.
  2. Swethasri

Swethasri Platinum IL'ite

Absolutely Shanthi. We are too no plastic and non stick. Even for dry items I try my best to keep it in bottles. If it rice keep it in the bag itself. Mud pots are not available here in US. Its hard to get and not yet explored the options.

Sometimes give curd very rare.

The changes are huge! At school they started "academics" for my boy. He is now able to read whatever taught to him. They started addition in math lke 1+2 =3 just putting blocks under the respective numbers. When I went for observation, he spelled his first name, I was like wow!!!! He is definitely picking up and I am so happy and proud of him as I am always! Will share more in detail bit later. Want to go for more observation and see how they are teaching him. I do little bit homework and not stressing too much because he is working the whole day. My boy s 1:1 person is doing a fantastic job. I am happy to share here. Luv you!

Shanvy likes this.
  3. Swethasri

try to change diet as early as possible because once kids developed their routine food it is very very hard to change because"change" is a big challenge for spl needs kids. Try different recipe. There are recipes you can make out of besan flour. Explore......

i have even made rice, and jowar chappatis with adding somethhjng foe elasticity i discussed that too somewhere in 2014.[/QUOTE]
    Thank you very much!
    post: 4038943, member: 476137"]Wowww.. Nice menu.. Me too will do.. But not daily..coz mine is a dosa lover n great idli hater:pensive:.. Upma too occasionally only.. So used to make lentils dosa like DAT..[/QUOTE]

4. Swethasri

Shanvy likes this.
  5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

that is a great milestone for your young man and all the hard work is both of yours plus the rest of your family support. we live their life with them like a penance and be proud of the achievements momma @Swethasri

Swethasri likes this.
  6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Laks09, Mehana and Swethasri like this.
  7. Swethasri

Connecting with people is the best thing that I am doing to myself and to my soul! On a fine day, got to know a woman who is working on connecting Indian moms with special needs kids in our state to meet and greet and be friend which is very important especially when you stay away from your family in a different country. I am sharing her blog with her permission.

A New Beginning: Making of a village. A desi one

Laks09, Shanvy and Mehana like this.
  8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

@Swethasri , @Laks09 , @Mehana had to share this with you guys.. not as a brag just that things will fall into place someway.

i have made some wonderful friends from il who are now not here. some of them have been part of my tiring journey of the last 5 yrs of my yping man fighting more than i can discuss online (both physical and emotional)

now one of them is a wonderful teacher and loves kids and is also a mother of a in the spectrum kid and she visited me at home and by chance my young man came home to meet me(well that is how it is these days lol) and we all had fun even if it was just a little window..

the next day she sent me a message
    “i am in awe of your young man, not because of where he has landed to study or his obsession with his chosen field but the wonderful gentleman that he has blossomed into, be proud s”

it was such a beautiful mesaage and has more weight coming from somebody who has not seen him but only heard of him for 12 yrs and the first meet she feels so.

validates the sleepless nights of trying to work at being better humans first and teaching him to be one..

9. Mathima

Mathima Bronze IL'ite

May I know where I can get d recipe,, n anybody tried puri with millet flour?

10. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@Shanvy - What a victory! I’m so happy for you. He is blessed to have his wonderful family!!!! Hugs and tons of love for all of you.

Swethasri and Shanvy like this.