1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Life Journey With My Special Kid!

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by Swethasri, Feb 25, 2014.

1. Mehana

Mehana Platinum IL'ite

Swethasri likes this.
  2. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

More cognition with coconut oil

Swethasri likes this.
  3. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

Will diet help ? Recently came across GAPS diet
    Home(GAPSdiet.com)

Swethasri likes this.
  4. Mehana

Mehana Platinum IL'ite

Diet helps a lot for my kid. GFDF and low carb diet helps a lot for my kid. We give him multi vitamins as he's on diet.

Swethasri likes this.
  5. Sunshine04

Probiotics is very helpful. Apple cider vinegar too.
    Both keep yeast in control

Swethasri likes this.
  6. Mathima

Mathima Bronze IL'ite

Thank u..

7. Sunshine04

Yes. Many of my friends do the gfcfsf diet.
    Seen benefits

8. Swethasri

Swethasri Platinum IL'ite

@Mehana @Shanvy @Laks09 @Sandycandy and all other write here in my blog..... Thank you so very much for your valuable suggestions and ideas and guide. @Mathima , I hope all the suggestions are helping you.

GFCFSF is definitely helping, basically gluten is found in wheat products that is hard for spl needs kids to digest. so it is best to avoid that means no wheat chappathi or roti, no rava upma, no semiya upma or any other dishes made with wheat including sweets. then CFSF this means Casein is found in milk and milk products. Generally milk is not pure in these decades. Adulteration playing a major role in many food products and in that milk is a biggest commercial product. So it is best to avoid milk, curd, butter, ghee and any sweets made with milk. And then coming to SUGAR!!! :) a big no to this stuff. I call it as a poison. please AVOID sugar.

Substitute for all the above instead of wheat start using small millets(siru thaanyam) you can make upma with millets. dozens of videos available in youtube. Instead of milk, you can make multi grain porridge (sathu maavu kanji) make powder with green moong dal(paasi payaru), ragi, jowar. this is for drink. you can add dry fruits for your snack. instead of sugar, we can palm sugar (naattu sakkarai, pana vellam). Please start as early as possible so that your child get use to these foods.

Now in my home, breakfast is idly (made with black urad dal (karuppu ulundhu) and brown or red rice), dosa, millet upmas, red poha upma, brown rice pasta, ragi dosai. For lunch/ dinner red or brown rice dal (I dont include tamarind in myfood)and vegetable, vegetable rice with different combination of veggeis, pongal, ..snacks are always fruits, cooked peanuts, dry fruits for now. Slowly I am adding one by one according to my convinience :)

Mehana, Shanvy and Sandycandy like this.
  9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

lovely @Swethasri. be careful do not wean others off casein or gluten if it is not a issue. because we tend to cultivate sensitivity. keep it moderate. one of my friends finds curd suits her so she has more of it

coming to the avoiding dairy and gluten it definitely works for many. millets are so great way of life. drinking out of copper and cooking in mud pots and brass and steel. on that note we are a no nonstick and plastic family and you would know that from the posts in other thread of mine lunch. i am a fan of cast iron ans mud pots.

we discussed almond milk, water keffir and more. even today i posted thinai idiyappam. you have so much to play around which is gluten free. let the young man enjoy life and soar high.

do mark the changes and share would be useful..

Swethasri likes this.
  10. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Swethasri likes this.