1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Life Journey With My Special Kid!

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by Swethasri, Feb 25, 2014.

1. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

I got the best dad in the world. Thanks to god.
    Thanks for ur wishes.

Sandycandy likes this.
  2. Swethasri

Swethasri Platinum IL'ite

It was 13years back in E.V.Kalyani Nursing home in mylapore chennai, they did a basic blood test, it says normal . at that time i have no idea what kind of test they are doing, for what they are doing, I have no guts to ask 'why' reason 1. I am such an ignorant innocent 2. the doctor is "Dr. Gita Arjun" ......at the 8th month scanning, they found something wrong and I cant have a normal delivery, the reason Dr. told me is placental dysfunction but they all know that the baby has Down syndrome :)

what is the reason for Down syndrome

Down syndrome is known as trisomy 21, a condition where individuals have 47 chromosomes in each cell instead of 46. Trisomy 21 is caused by an error in cell division called nondisjunction, which leaves a sperm or egg cell with an extra copy of chromosome 21 before or at conception.

Nothing wrong in asking any question :)

3. happydheivanai

happydheivanai Silver IL'ite

Thanks for sharing.

This is a perfect example for something happens out of our control.ithink this is hospital mistake that they should find out in the early stage itself ..within 3 or 4 months and they should inform u on this. It this one one of the best hospital in chennai and Dr.Gita is very famous also.how they didn’t find this in early stage itself..

Recently I read one story happened in chenna that Christ couples knows there child hand some issue and dr asked to take a call on the baby but they r very sure to bring the baby to the world with lot and lot of prayers the baby born in normal condition.

But anyhow the god give this child in ur hands...u r really awesome something everyone should learn from u.

U R GREAT.

sangeethakripa likes this.
  4. venlax

venlax Silver IL'ite

Hi, The scanning at the end of 4th month is found a few yrs back only ,i don't know.But after 4 months what can be done, i wonder. Why there is no mechanism to find these at the earliest stage when abortion is possible.I had seen my two granddaughters 4th month scanning. Actually it is just like seeing the baby alive except for certain growth.The first one never showed the face despite the efforts of Doctor.She told us to go back ,have lunch & come again for scanning. In the afternoon fortunately the fetus turned & face was seen clearly.Then only both the doctor & ourselves were satisfied.
    The mother,MIL or Mother of the conceived mother/ Husband should definitely insist on seeing the scan while it is taken. Usually they allow one only but we should somehow insist for two.They should watch keenly each & every part instead of simply standing.That scan is most important. I heard that in foreign countries even likely genetic disorders can be diagnosed earlier.
    But if at all an autism child is bestowed by God ,it is purely in parent's hands to bring out the special skills in that person & try to develop it.The special children will definitely have certain specific talents. Parents have to devote to this cause. Then the child can be brought to any heights.It requires so many things on the part of parents.
    "The woods are lovely,dark & deep but i have promises to keep & miles to go before i sleep "

sangeethakripa and Swethasri like this.
  5. Sunshine04

In USA usually down syndrome testing after 4 weeks pregnancy.
    Autism cannot be found out

6. Sunshine04

my kid came first in special olympics bowling today:banana::banana:

7. Sunshine04

testing is done in 8 weeks

8. Swethasri

Swethasri Platinum IL'ite

Hoorayyyy Thats awesome!!

9. venlax

venlax Silver IL'ite

10. venlax

venlax Silver IL'ite

Dear Swethasri, Very glad to read about ur son.It is quite a pride not only to ur family but also to this family also.Keep up the spirit of yrs & ur sons.May God bless u with courage,wisdom & tolerance! Once one VIP said "I asked this question ,why me ?Then i realized just because God found me worthy to take care of such a child he gave him to me"
    "The woods are lovely,dark & deep but i have promises to keep & miles to go before i sleep"

Swethasri likes this.