1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Life In Old Age

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Feb 11, 2018.

1. MonikaSG

MonikaSG Platinum IL'ite

Thank you @GeetaKashyap and

@Mistt its your humble nature that you are saying this. Thanks for appreciation.

iyerviji and Mistt like this.
  2. MonikaSG

MonikaSG Platinum IL'ite

3. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Very inspiring and nice write up vijima!

iyerviji and Sandycandy like this.
  4. MonikaSG

MonikaSG Platinum IL'ite

I on the other hand never wanted to marry rich and handsome guy. I had a feeling that such kind of guys don't have a heart and will never be able to understand me. Then what will I do with his beauty and money. No use for me. Once I thought of marrying to a person living in a big kothi. It was a thought of a second and never think about it again. All my wishes came true when I got married to him.

iyerviji, periamma and Sandycandy like this.
  5. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

Viji aunty ! Wish you and uncle lots of good health and good times together !

iyerviji and GeetaKashyap like this.
  6. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

VEry true Monika dear I also follow these. You have explained in a very good way. I never argue with my husband and accept what he says because I know I cant win him. True about money . I am happy with whatever I have and never jealous of others . In fact I can enjoy when I go to their houses. I have always adjusted .

MonikaSG likes this.
  7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Some people are matured in young age only. Monika has learnt a lot in life through her experience. So many times I feel my younger daughter who is 38 years old has learnt a lot in her life by experience.

I want to share this which I got from google

Experience is The Best Teacher.

This proverb reiterates the fact that we can learn a lot of useful lessons from our own experiences. The wise advices us on a number of things. We also come to know about other people's experiences through magazines and television. We seldom take these advices seriously. But it is only when we face difficult situations in life, we realize the truth and the wisdom behind the words of the learned and the elderly.

Once there was a farmer who had four sons. They were very lazy. They were not interested in doing any work and only wanted to enjoy life. The farmer tried his best to advice them but they paid no heed. So he decided to teach them a lesson. One day he called them and informed them that a huge amount of treasure was hidden in their farmland and that he wanted them to find out where it was.

All the four sons were too excited to wait and started digging the farmland straight away. By the end of the week they had dug up the entire field but did not find any treasure. They were angry and tired. The farmer consoled his sons and gently told them, “Since the field is so well dug why don’t you sow some corn in it?" The lazy sons agreed to this and did as they were told.

A few weeks later it rained heavily and soon the farmland was filled with fully grown corn. The farmer called his sons and told them that they will find the treasure once they harvested the corn and sold it in the market. The sons sold the corn and came back with a bag full of money. They asked their father where they could find the treasure. The farmer pointed out to the money and told them. “This is the treasure that I was talking to you about. It was all along there in the soil. It just needed a bit of your hard work to bring it out. If you continue with your efforts this treasure will be forever yours."

The sons then realized their folly and understood the truth. Their own experience was their best teacher. They have learned from their experiences. Thereafter they continuously worked on their lands and harvested a great deal of grains and sold them in the market to make big money year after year.

MonikaSG and Mistt like this.
  8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Good decision dear . I had hi fi friends thats why I wanted like that but then understood that a simple life is better which I learnt from my husband and I am happy in my life. In fact I feel blessed that God has given me the best life especially in old age

MonikaSG likes this.
  9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thanks dear for your good wishes,. In this age we need good health to be happy always

Sandycandy likes this.
  10. sumalynux

sumalynux IL Hall of Fame

Beautiful snippet Vijima.

iyerviji likes this.