1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My knight with the shining armor!

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Megalife, Dec 18, 2011.

1. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

I was a world class bully right from my kindergarten days; almost to the point of being a labeled as spoiled child syndrome!........in the primary school I was known more as a sociable autocrat. High school years were a mad rush to secure a professional seat with a reputed institution, so there was no time for anything sensible. But by now I had acquired this spontaneous feature to land myself in troubles and also pull myself out of it before anybody could smell the rat:crazy.
    For many scholars ragging at the university was like getting the wind knocked out of them, but to me it was ultimate salvation! …….there I had more buddies with similar mannerism, which made life fun! Also, there was no commonsensical person around who would dare to fall in love with Mega, and even if there was somebody so insane, I made sure he fell out of love the next minute! Every dog has it day…and I had mine too! I did tie the knot, how that happened????.....will tell you some other time! All of my DHs well-wishers ( and maybe even mine) warned him of what he was getting himself into, he was everybodys darling and I was nobodys:evil: !!!...... being the kind soul that I am, even I did caution him “nice and clear”. But he said he liked to take up challenges, so be it.
    During my early years of marriage I could well fit the description of an overindulged, grandiose daughter. When I turn back and look, I really feel sorry for this man who put up with my tantrums in silence, rather than hostility! Patience is indeed a virtue, and I had a “personification of this patience” standing before me day in and day out! I went through a “Nuclear meltdown” in the hands of a nuclear scientist !” He taught me the most important lesson in life “love survives:: in the darkest of nights, thunder and storm… :kissIt survives pots and pans being clattered, pillows being thrown ….there is no boss no servant in a relationship, fights give us excuses to make up, there are neither absolute rights nor absolute wrongs”.
    As they say Birthdays are a time to reflect and to make merry; with this post may I wish my DH all God’s blessing and happiness on his B’DAY, good health, smiles, hugs and a vow to make our life together even more brighter and meaningful! Happy birthday to my knight with the shining armor! :birthday

Mega

12 people like this.

2. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mega
    Even after you giving him the warning he still did not change his mind, he was strong will powered, making up his mind that he is going to see only you in his life:biggrin2:
    And atlast conquered you:)

Wish him on my behalf Many Happy returns of the Day.

3. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

Nicely narrated! Mega :rotfl:thumbsup. Your love for your DH also shines in your words. convey my[​IMG] wish you both [​IMG] [​IMG]a great day.

4. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Mega dear you both are made for each other thats why he married you. These are my wishes for your dh

Let the God decorate each
    golden ray of the sun reaching you
    with wishes of success,
    happiness and prosperity for you
    wish you a super duper happy birthday.

5. AkhilaaSaras

AkhilaaSaras Gold IL'ite

Convey our wishes too mega. You have beautifully narrated.Mega's happiness will be mega happiness :bonk.
    I've bookmarked your snippets to have a future look.
    Now at present i am readying my self to tie knot. I am feeling much that am unable to read the snippets here. But for sure ill give my comments whether valuable or not.

6. mansimahi

mansimahi Gold IL'ite

Such a sweet post :)

So right ...and looks like you learnt the lesson well :) Heres wishing your knight in shining armour a very happy birthday and may his armour never ever rust....wish you both tons and tons of happiness!!!

7. haagesummane

haagesummane Gold IL'ite

Megaji,

In my earlier post as a reply against your Threads(which are always wonderful and hotcakes), I said that u r enjoying the Mega-life. Ur marital pandora box had a gift of a knight(DH) who had(and continues to have) the ability to melt or kill ur bullying nature. Thats why he accepted to take up the challenges like bringing back the pamper spoiled kid like you on legitimate track of life.
    Wish ur DH a wonderful birthday and may Almighty bless him with utmost skills of knight to handle u...!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mega
    My wife too thinks that I am a Knight alright but nurses a secret grievance that I can be better off giving a little sheen to my armour which presently looks as dull as an antique brass pot! I now get the message loud and clear. The Knight is judged by the armour he wears!

I wish the bully tamer a very happy Birthday and may God bless him with all the very best in his life. If he ever intends to start a class to impart the necessary expertise for 'The taming of the Shrew', I would love to enroll myself! Old bullies are far more difficult to handle than the young ones!
    Sri

1 person likes this.
  9. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Hi Megalife,

Cheeniya sir has taken my words "Taming of the shrew" from me. :-( Anyway, that was a really sweet story. Tell you a secret, my sis had warned BH about me when he had agreed to marry me. Before the engagement. Poor guy. He did not believe her - just suspected this to be a case of sibling rivalry. What did he know?????

But the good part to your story and mine is "they all lived happily after".

Wishing the melter of nuclear disasters a "Very Happy Birthday and many more to come". :-D

10. Special

Special Silver IL'ite

Wish him happy birthday on my behalf too :)