1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My journey in 2011-- Read to know all about me..

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by divyasselvan, Jan 2, 2012.

1. divyasselvan

divyasselvan Silver IL'ite

My year 2011..
    -------------------
    2011, is the most memorable year for me, and in my own style I am saying it why..
    Last month as Single:
    ---------------------------

Actually my new year kicked off with the second week itself the most awful week in my life with two of my sweethearts falling sick, Kuzhali and Dad. But they recovered from it very soon. Celebrated Pongal in Chennai itself in a simple manner and gone to Chennai Sangamam.

Wedding bliss:
    --------------------

Sometimes, life takes reverse turn, when you expect it the least. We always expect great things to happen on great days but you know what, great things happen on simple days and thus making it great and memorable days. February 12th was important day in my life, as Meenakshi Sundaram, my dear husband entered into my life. It was the when his family members had come to see me. It was just a fraction of second that we had seen each other, but that was enough for him to decide that I will fulfill all his expectation as his dear wife (Fate!!)
    My loving husband does not believe in any fancy concepts like going out on New Year's day or celebrating birthday with Cake etc, but somehow fate made him give his acceptance for our marriage on February 14th, the corporate hyped date for falling in love. There was a funny story on how we talked first, getting a big bulb the first time itself. If I think about it now, it looks lot funnier.
    From the moment we got committed, things ran at unexpected speed that only few memories really lasted in my sleepy brain. He had gifted a MTS mobile phone, with 18 years validity to talk free, but we both never had time to talk. No! I was not working that hard in office, it was just that he used to roam all day for work and night would be the only time we can talk and he would be very tired by that time. But somehow I tortured him to talk for some time, and we talked many sweet nothings, which I would not remember just after finishing the call (90% of people who talked, read Kadalified during Courtship period would agree with me). He hates sending SMS so no finger talking too. Met outside couple of times and had dinner too.. Those were much interesting and thrilling..
    Wedding preparations were on for full speed with Dad and brother making big decisions and doing big work. I was given very simple work - Be happy and spend last few days being single in peace. That simple work was itself difficult with lot of turbulence here and there. There was lot of nervous moments, till the minute I received the sacred knot, but I guess that's the way all wedding (actually reception) happen, lot of stories behind marriage are always untold.
    Life as Mrs.Meenakshi Sundaram
    -------------------------------------------
    We had gone to Mysore and Coorg for Honeymoon, staying in Club Mahindra Resort, Coorg. There he had a chance to know real capacity of how much I can eat and he never forgets that. As newly married couple, every day was different. We were called for many treats from Relatives and they were stuffing us with food. Even now my hubby gets scared if we are invited to Arni because of food. It was toooooo much, especially the dinner in Vidhya's house, constitutes at least 2 kg of my current weight. He kept saying everyone back home about the size of Samosa and Parotta. First one month after marriage was so happy, when he was spending time with my family members. In just one day everyone loved him so
    much, for his nature, though he kept pulling their legs, and also being very responsible and finally with his dancing skills.
    Once I joined back to office, life became busy. They say only after one month of Marriage, you get to know the true nature of your partner, which was so true for me. I discovered that he is even more loving and caring and sweet person that I expected him to be. All these years, I was just so independent doing everything I wanted, myself. But suddenly there was someone who was always there for me to make sure I am doing everything right. He would not leave me alone even to bus stop, which is just around the corner. It was nice and different. But my independent thinking also paved way for some misunderstandings which I think every married couple comes across. Importantly, I was so half-minded and kept forgetting things. He was always patient and kept repeating the same thing again and again. Being 100 percent perfect person in cleanliness it was hard for him to adjust with me. I just throw things wherever I want and my ex-roommates would know that best. But as time went by, he got adjusted and now he is realistic and expects just basic cleanliness. He he..

Later, during Aadi month we were separated, which made me realize how much I have grown dependent and fond of him. Whenever we fight, I would tell him, I used to happy when I am single, but those 30 days went so slow, without him. After that, we had gone to Hardwar and Delhi, with his whole family. That trip was really good. May be because of holy ganges or some power, after we went to that trip, there were very few misunderstanding and we grew even more fond of each other. Now I think we are in the peak, with very minimum quarrels. Hope to continue this forever.

My mother-in-law, the term which scares most of the girls before getting married, is one of the most patient people I have ever come across in my life. Yes, most of us are lucky to get great husband but getting a MIL like her, is something I think is because of good deeds by my parents. First few weeks, I would drop every vessel in Kitchen and make terrible mistakes in Cooking. She would always forgive me and help me feel comfortable. We bonded the most, during the days of Navrathri, when we kept Golu in our house. It was exciting as it is first time in my life to be the host, though I loved going to other's house for Golu, mainly for Sundal. Also while catching up stories of Mega-serials in Sun TV. All my life I hated Serials because they were so stereotypical. But after returning home, waiting for hubby till 10 PM, there is high influence to watch them. Initially it was ok, but as time progressed, it was difficult to withstand Mega-serials. I had quit watching them now, back to my senses.

Our birthdays, Thala Deepavali, even first new year together went memorable.
    Mylapore
    -------------
    I would do injustice to Mylapore, if I don't say a word about it. Being 6 years in Chennai, I had stayed in multiple places, Virugambakkam, Velachery, Shollinganallur, Porur and Iyyapanthangal. But never had I loved a place as much as I am in love with Mylapore. My house, as my father-in-law proudly mention, is surrounded by temples in true sense. I think most of the residence in Mylapore will be surrounded by Temple only. And it is really difficult to identify a house just by mentioning "It is near to temple".. Anyways, the Kapaleeshwar temple, one of the famous temples in the City is just walk able from my house but the nearest would be Valleshwar temple.
    There was once an architect in team, who was born and brought up in Mylapore. His face became so bright when I mentioned I am going to stay in Mylapore. He proudly mentioned - "From hairpin to Airplane you get everything in Mylapore". That is true. The shops are in abundance and fresh vegetable market just at the end of the street. I just enjoy walking back from bus stop to home watching the crowd. The streets are never empty. I am waiting for 63 function where it is expected to have 1 lakh+ devotees surrounding the streets. The food here is also famous and awesome, because of Mylapore Mami's but not enough experience on that. "Wanna eat outside?? Get a kick even you imagine about it... "

Career Change:
    --------------

As many of you would know, I had quit Infosys by December,2010 with no plans in mind. As a backup, I had offer from Cognizant Technology Solutions. As I am a lazy, (world known fact) I did not attend any other interview. With no other choice, I joined Cognizant on Jan 03, 2011, the first work day of 2011. Surprisingly, there were around 100 other people, (experienced) who joined Cognizant the same day, and was there with me in Induction. I was initially posted in MEPZ campus, which looked awesome. There must be around 12000+ people in that campus alone. Induction was good but my impression didn't last long with the company when I was posted into a slogging project. I had difference of opinion with the manager there who had impression that slogging = working. So I had called off from the company, sending mail to HR. His boss had called me and discussed in person about my issues, but it didn't help as I was adamant on having balance between work and personal life.

After that, they agreed to offer me another project which will not demand slogging. That is the project I am currently working on and the promise of independence is true till date. Made very few but good friends in my new office. A small lunch gang - (Arasi, Bindu, Abi and Bharati). Going to canteen was the most frustrating thing because of huge crowd there. Later, I got transferred to Pallikaranai, a small office with less than 2000 people at work. I love this office. Anitha, ex-infy mate is with me to bug me and accompany me..

Work-wise, I was put into a silverlight project, which was like Russian script to me. I was clueless about my work for many months(even now.. sssshhhhhhh), but managed to sail the ship without drowning.

Weight loss
    -----------

This should have been the top-most priority task of the year, but somehow it gained importance only during last few months of the year. Anyone would see steep raise in their weight after marriage, due to treats and I am no exception. I had gained at least 4 kgs, after my marriage mainly because of happiness. After that slowly, very slowly I had to bring back the weight. But before that, Aadi had come and I was in my home. Which mom will not make delicious food when girl is home. Ha.. Gained back the weight. Then again slowly reducing and oh no.. Diwali(Thala Diwali) came.. Cant help it. Had a full come back to original weight. My hubby is generous enough to get me membership in FitnessOne, Alwarpet, considered to be one of the best in the City, and also personal training for 12 sessions. The gym was awesome, it had steam bath, massages etc. The gym regime had lot of deviations but last 2 weeks he hit hard on my mind to stay fit and after that, now going only steady weight loss. Now, lost almost 6+ kgs from the weight during Diwali time.
    Now with Pongal coming near, he is watching me out so closely even better than airports watching out terrorists. I hope this year 2012, will help me achieve my weight loss goal, if not anything else, because now I want to come back to shape not for me, but for the trust my hubby has on me..

7 people like this.

2. Aspire

Aspire Gold IL'ite

Nice post. I am sure 2012 is going to be great year ahead as well, to you and your family!

3. rosy786

rosy786 IL Hall of Fame

Nice writing dear................

Enjoyed reading them

4. Bpremalatha

Bpremalatha Gold IL'ite

Big Changes...Great enjoy...

5. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

Hi there,
    This post reflects your inner happiness, I deeply hope & pray that should remain in your life forevr.
    Well written post.

On a side note: Avoid using real names and workplace names

6. upfsabari

upfsabari IL Hall of Fame

A superb post.. You have narrated so well..
    All the best for your weightloss..!! :)

7. divyasselvan

divyasselvan Silver IL'ite

Thank you all..
    Wish you all a happy new year 2012 too!!