1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My in laws gifted me jewellery on my wedding and then my mother in law took it away

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by nb25, Sep 13, 2014.

1. PurpleRoses

PurpleRoses Finest Post Winner

Dear all to be weds / married/newlymarried women/et al...
    Never trust your inlaws with your jewellery or money or anything expensive even if they are good to you.

You never know what happens tomorrow so keep your things with you.
    If you are old enough to get married, you are old enough to be responsible to safeguard your own jewellery.

Taking dils jewellery by mil in the name of "safeguarding" is bull$h!t just to have an upper hand and show that she is the woman of the house.

By chance if dil-mil relationship goes worse, she may not return your jewels at all.
    So better be smart and take your things with you than to cry later.

2. Alisha2691

Alisha2691 New IL'ite

This is happening with me too.. dont know what to do.. i am working women that too in bank.. i already had my account.. what my MIL did was she took jewellery that she gave me and saying she will keep it without giving any reason.. being very greedy in keeping in her cupboard.. i didnt know what to say at that moment so just left the room whithiut saying anything.. what she did next was there was a family function where she wore one of the jewellery she gave to me infront of everyone in my wedding.. i didnt remember that jewellery because in hush of wedsing i actually mever saw what she gave to me.. n i complemented her .. she replied this is the jewellery i gave u.. n i got so upset because i had no jewellery and i wore artificial..

I can never respect her.

She literally tore me.. whatever she did was over the top. She asked me infront of evryone are you wearing bra since strap is not showing and u wearing off shoulder.... which was a surprise for me.. what she said.. n i was struck . I was not able to reply.. even though i was wearing stuck on bra.. i dont know how to live with her.. she comes in my room. Checks evrything .. now i have started closing cupboard... but i will never ever forgive her..

I have stopped thinking about jewellery she gave now i think let her keep it.. i will buy my own