My Husband's Pineapple Upside-Down Cake

Discussion in 'Recipe Central' started by GayathriSundar, Sep 30, 2007.

1. GayathriSundar

GayathriSundar Senior IL'ite

My husband baked a pineappple upside down cake this weekend. This cake was very moist and very delicious. I am attaching a picture of the cake. It is almost gone now! My DH loves to bake. If you are interested in the recipe I might be able to coax it out of him. So far he has not told me the complete recipe.

Regards
    Gayathri

Attached Files:

2. honeybee

honeybee Gold IL'ite

Hi gayathri
    The cake sure looks yummy.:2thumbsup: Thanks a lot for posting the picture.:-D
    Yes.. you should try to get us the recipe.We have a lot of baking enthusiasts here.

Regards
    Honeybee

3. GayathriSundar

Hi Honeybee,
    I am glad you liked the picture of the cake.
    Apparently, my husband uses a short-cut - he uses the Betty Crocker Pineapple Supreme Cake mix. The mix has the directions for baking. The only change he makes is that instead of water (per directions) he uses pineapple juice.

Well I am just happy he is baking AND cleaning up after himself. Nothing can be more wonderful than this.

Regards
    Gayathri

4. Sindhuja

Sindhuja Silver IL'ite

Gayathri,
    The cake looks so delicious! Will get Betty Crocker cake mix and try it.

Thanks for sharing the picture with us.
    Sindhu

5. GayathriSundar

Sindhu,
    Do try it. It is the easiest cake you will ever bake. My husband buys the tinned pineapple rings in pineapple juice and uses that juice instead of water.

Of course, all cakes are easy with the mixes.

Gayathri

6. madhu11

madhu11 Bronze IL'ite

hi Gayathri,

The cake looks yummy. I used to bake all the time before. Pineapple upside-down cake was one of my favorite ones to bake. He did a good job. I stopped baking now so much coz of the calories. since, I like all sweet items. I had to stop myself from having too many.

7. raginiprakash

raginiprakash Senior IL'ite

Gayathri,

Wow!!! the cake sure looks yummy and perfect!!

Also, thanks for letting out the secret ingredient.....that's what makes any dish turn out more delicious!! I love baking.......will sure try this sometime!

Ragini.

8. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Yummmieeee!
    How about fedex-ing to all IL'ites ?:-D
    Good for him Gayathri......nice to know hubby is spoiling you with goodies !:)

L, Kamla

9. GayathriSundar

Madhu,
    Yes baked goodies are yummy as well as fattening. No wonder I have put on so much weight! My husband's other secret is that he bakes but does not eat the goodies.

Ragini,
    It took some coaxing to get out the secret ingredient from my husband. I was not too bothered about it the first few times as I was busy gobbling up and asking for more. But then everyone started praising it and I wondered whats so great about a cake baked from a mix. So then hubby told his lil secret.

Kamla
    Wish I could fedex but right now I have eaten it all! But if I do fedex next time would you make a deal and fedex all the yummy food you cook? I will be the luckier one in this deal! :-D

Thank you for the appreciation Ladies. My hubby is floating near the ceiling some where and is already planning for his next recipe this weekend.

Regards
    Gayathri

10. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Hi Gayatri,
    That cake looke yummy. Lucky you got to eat it. Fed ex it to India and keep posting about the yummy goodies that your hubby makes.:-D