1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Husband Does Not Want To Listen To Me

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by delmed, Mar 5, 2017.

1. greenchilli

greenchilli Bronze IL'ite

Yup.I like quiet.But i didn't know that I like quiet until I married my DH.Jokes on me.
    Totally agree Nonya.

yellowmango likes this.
  2. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

May be you both do not have common interests to talk about.
    When you live together....expecting talking time everyday is expecting too much.The emphasis should be on living together and enjoy being around each other.

If you still want to talk and make him listen,then find stuff that he is interested in listening to.

Talking about day to day life stuff at home,kids etc is what most married people do.

What exactly do you want him to listen to...office stuff,politics ,sports???
    Expecting a spouse to come bavk from office and listen to the others office stuff can be maddening....specially if it happens often.
    Politics.....sometimes spouses have differing views and it is better not to discuss.
    Find out what he wants to talk about and take it from there.
    Or just accept that you both are different type of people and this is something that will not happen.

It is frustrating to be around someone who does not want to listen.
    It is equally frustrating to be around someone who wants you to listen when you do not want to.

MNR likes this.
  3. bruised234

bruised234 Gold IL'ite

Not anyone's fault here, the problem lies in technology - yes, 10 years back smartphones were not this much in use, not everyone owned one. Nowadays, you can have all types of apps in your smartphone - fb, whatsapp, GPS - life seems to be centered around that stupid phone for everyone, especially SWEs, one cannot detach themselves from the phone because someone in the office will ping and ask a question, clarification, what not. The concerned person has to answer the message or they will be dubbed as unresponsive, slowly it becomes a habit and there is no attachment anymore to people in the house. This happens in our house too, extremely annoying - all the more because whenever I check my phone, I should keep it aside because I am not doing anything "official", but it's okay for him to keep being hooked to it, because what he does is "useful". The only solution to this, take your smartphone and create a "useful" group of people to talk to, someone with whose help you too can do something that will "make an impact" and be happy in your own world. Seriously, don't take your husband's behavior too much to your head. Instead do tit for tat and be happy. We should have some new rules as a society to deal with this smartphone menace.

4. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

Have you tried telling him what a bad example he is setting for the kids? The kids need to see the example of a healthy relationship in their parents. Ignoring blatantly when a person talks isn't a good example...

5. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

Are you suggesting that dogs do not have grammar ?

greenchilli likes this.