1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My hubby's first birthday celebration - a remembrance !!!!

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by banujaga, Sep 8, 2011.

1. banujaga

banujaga Gold IL'ite

How I celebrated my husband’s first birthday after marriage?

Well, ours was a late marriage and more or less, our lives have been the same throughout. My hubby happens to be a far relative to me (which I realized only after marriage – I am a very reserved person and do to mingle with my relatives and has never attended any functions………)

I had a big plan of celebrating his birthday (he has never celebrated his birthday so far in his life……….. one main reason – he was busy with his responsibilities, his mom & dad had not registered his exact date of birth………………)

I started off with a list of activities I would be doing on that day, a checklist of things that needs to be arranged for, etc etc. His birthday happens to be on the 17th of September. I had to cox him to accompany me for shopping. As a surprise, I entered the Peter England’s shop and he stood for a while and then came into the shop. I had to literally force him to shop for himself for his birthday. While he was busy selecting, I picked up a T-shirt for him and told the sales girl to bill it and let him not know that. Thanks to that Sales girl who understood my gesture and did the same J

Since I was newly married, I did not the phone numbers of all his bros and sis. I told him that since I am new to his family and have to establish relationships, he has to share all the numbers with me. He sincerely gave me all the numbers. One week ahead of his birthday, I invited all his brothers, sisters, nephews and nieces (I strictly told them not to tell him about this). Then the planning started – I booked the caterer, went out for shopping on a Saturday to pick up all the decorative items and hid it in the cupboard. I had to do all these carefully so that he does not even get a hint. Since this was the first time I was talking / inviting his brothers and sisters (and a 1st experience in my life to host a party like this), I was not sure how am going to do it. But, in my mind, I had the determination that this birthday should be a memorable one for my sweet hubby.

The D-day arrived. I had applied for leave on that day so that I can do all the preparations when he has gone to the office and he was against me taking leave and just be at home. Poor thing, he did not know that it is going to be grand evening that day. On 16th September midnight, I woke him up and asked him to do the cake cutting. He was so sleepy. I put on the happy birthday tone on my mobile and he cut the cake. I gifted him a large Dairy Milk chocolate, neatly gift wrapped (all the gift wrapping was done when he was not there at home J). The next day morning, I woke him up with a sweet kiss on his forehead and wished him. I placed a new toothpaste, brush and soap (neatly gift wrapped) in the bathroom, that was his 1st gift for the day!!!!!!! By the time, he could come out of the bathroom, I kept the shaving kit (new ones, gift wrapped) on the dressing table. Since I wanted to be gifting him the whole day, i could of only such small things. But, believe me, he was enjoying all of them. Once he was dressed to go to office, I handed him another gift and this time, it was a wrist watch……………..!!!!!

I prepared his favourite Paal poori for breakfast. I prepared vegetable pulao and raitha for lunch. Before he came for lunch, I cleaned the house, mentally prepared of all the decorations, what to place where, where should the guests sit, etc., The only tension I had was the cake delivery. I had ordered for the cake and told the delivery person to deliver it only at 3-00 p.m. but was tensed as to what if he comes now when my hubby is at home………… Thank God, it did not happen. I was feeling “Paavam” for him, because he was not getting clue at all. He told me to take rest and we will go to the temple in the evening. I bid him bye. Then I took out the poster which I made for his birthday, started decorating the place with balloons, colour papers, etc. The cake had also arrived. Then I rearranged the verandah for the guests to sit, food area, etc. Since it was only a small crowd, the caterer agreed to only deliver the food and the serving has to be taken care by ourselves.

The hands in the clock were running fast, I thought……… as there were lot more of preparations to be made. I wanted to make all the preparations before my hubby comes home. It was already 5-30 p.m. and I am yet to get ready. I rushed immediately to wash my face and dress up. I called him up to come home at 5-45 itself (I wanted him to be at home before everyone comes, while I was enjoying and doing all this, I was not sure how my hubby will take this……….. because i was newly married, people were new and did not know the reactions).

Finally, the hour arrived………….. my hubby came home and there I stood at the door, dressed in a saree with jasmine flowers and welcomed him home………… he was surprised and taken aback. He said, what is all this…………….. I told him please come inside. Once he entered the hall, he was even more overwhelmed and did not have any words to say………. He just looked at me and smiled and stood still. I told him, “Please go, freshen up and be ready. All your bros and sis are coming now:. He was shocked and happy and with his eyes rolling…………., he asked….”You have invited them?” Then I could see tension on his face and asked him “What”. He said, you have invited them and what are you going to do for dinner? No preparations at all……… I told him that his elder brother has taken the catering work and it is taken care of. He was even more happy and surprised and he said…. “Oh, so, all are party to this arrangements…….hmm……….. ok, ok J

He wore his new shirt and was ready for the cake cutting. We had a happy cake cutting. Most of all, my hubby was happy and enjoying like a kid celebrating his 1st birthday. He was so busy running around, talking to people and looking at me from the corner of his eyes. Thus the party ended well and by the time, I could wind up, it was 12-00 midnight.

To conclude, that day was full of surprises and happiness for my hubby.

It is now 3 years that we are married and these things remain fresh in our minds and we relive it. I thought of writing this, as one way of wishing him Happy Birthday next week………….. His birthday is nearing (17th September).

Hope you all liked it…………….

2. sushmavja

sushmavja Platinum IL'ite

banujaga,
    nice way of celebrating your DHs bday.even i invited his frnds once and he was surprised to see them on his bday..

3. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Dear Banujaga...

that was very sweet of you...!!!!!!...
    i am sure your DH would have loved it!!!!!
    and BTW Advance Happy Birthday to your H from my side :)

1 person likes this.
  4. upfsabari

upfsabari IL Hall of Fame

Wow.. Nice one Banu.. So what you are gonna gift for this birthday??

5. vdeepab4u

vdeepab4u Gold IL'ite

happy celebration with loads of love.. then whats your special plan for this birthday ?

6. priyasaki

priyasaki Gold IL'ite

very nice celebration...

any plans for this bday?...

7. manjukps

manjukps IL Hall of Fame

Great way of showing your love and affection to him. Happy birthday in advance to him.

Regards
    Manjukps

8. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

What a lovely post! You husband must have been really lucky to have you as his wife :thumbsup May God bless you both :)

9. banujaga

banujaga Gold IL'ite

Hi all,

Thanks for your wishes. Yes, this year, his birthday is on a Saturday. He loves my nieces (they are only 10 & 12 years old). So, am planning to invite them and have a personalised birthday with them. They will have a surprise cake cutting and an elaborate dinner. I have already got him dresses.

He loves to play music. I am planning to buy him a keyboard.

Will post you more details after the celebrations :)

10. sapthu02

sapthu02 Gold IL'ite

wat a wonderful experience.. tears were rolling out of my eyes thinking abt this.. really ur hubby has got an awesome wife. i did miss my hubby b'day for 5 years .. and this will be his 6th b'dat after wedding in Jan.. wil follow your ideas..