1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My House Becoming Transit Centre

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by Vedhavalli, Apr 24, 2017.

1. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

hi. update on ur friend???

Sandycandy likes this.
  2. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

I am curious too !

3. Vedhavalli

Vedhavalli Platinum IL'ite

Hi,
    I picked my friend, we went site seeing...
    We shopped only one day. Next day only half day was there so made a great food.
    Then dropped her off in airport.
    I did ask her, my bro was hurt. She told me, her hubby will always say, your friends are important and family. Because her inlaws had given big list of shopping... which would exceed her budget.
    After asking I got relived.
    We really had a nice time.

Sandycandy, sindmani and Sunshine04 like this.
  4. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

see. everyone told you the same

Vedhavalli, Sandycandy and sindmani like this.
  5. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

@Vedhavalli sometimes we ( including me) assume a lot of things and worry too much when the reality is a lot different . Glad to hear things went well !

Amica and Vedhavalli like this.
  6. Vedhavalli

Yes @Sandycandy and @Sunshine04 ..
    The concern is all these time people made fool of us, it was natural to think about my friend may be like them ( ;)DH dear friends).
    Thanks you all

sindmani and Sandycandy like this.
  7. VaniVyas

VaniVyas Platinum IL'ite

Regarding the trouble ur brother took for delivering the parcel cannot be undone.

But u can definitely refuse the offer to drop her to the airport. You can say my hubby is busy in office and cannot drop you at any cost. She will be surely receiving allowances from her office for her travel which she might want to save. Some people are like that cant help it. Similarly they dont want to exchange currencies to save on conversion rates.
    I have also seen a lot of people like this and get really irritated especially those who earn really well.o_O

While we happily spend more than the allowances given, and feel kiddish to claim bills of lesser amounts, they happily claim even the price for water bottle. :BangHead:

sindmani and Sandycandy like this.
  8. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Apparently her friend's visit ended smoothly.
    It was clear that she was unable to invite the OP's bro inside her home due to some family pressure (H and in laws).
    There could be other reasonable reasons too.
    We should not jump with justifications, specially about married women living with in laws, coz we know all the discomforts these women face already.
    So, better to give the benefit of the doubt when such misunderstanding occur in the future.
    Unless this friend or anyone in her place is mean, and selfish; thus you know their character better, let's not judge.
    In this case, OP is a friend to this person. She has a reason to help her despite of knowing the fact that she has her own means to get there, and manage the travels (office or whatever). Something connects them, and OP too wants to relive the old friendship with this meeting.
    If this friend is mean or selfish, I am sure OP wouldn't have considered helping her at the first place.

Just that her past experience of being used by several mean people confused her. To add fuel to the fire, her friend's unusual manners with her bro.
    Glad that everything is cleared by now.

Vedhavalli likes this.
  9. Vedhavalli

So nice of you @SGBV ,"If this friend is mean or selfish, I am sure OP wouldn't have considered helping her at the first place. "

After many mishaps with people, I wanted to little cautious. Now learning slowly.
    There are people who really needs help.
    And people who earn very well and use us as @VaniVyas told. I don't want to help mean people.

10. paru123

paru123 Gold IL'ite

If the reason for not giving address was so simple, she could have just mentioned it in an email to op, there was no reason to hide it as most married females face it. Friend might have thought what if op's hubby too said the same about her visit and she was smart to not create any issues for herself.