1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My hobby with a difference...

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Paru147, Jan 9, 2009.

1. Paru147

Paru147 New IL'ite

Good Morning people....
    today I think i should tell you about my favourite hobby- my favourite way to pass time... But I am sure nobody other than me would enjoy this hobby of mine.. well to be frank even I dint dint when I started it.. but then soon I started enjoying it..

now most of you would be wondering what my hobby is?? Its something different not the usual reading, writing, painting stuff.. this is adventurous and STRANGE... i love falling down!! :) ya literally... don't believe me??? you better... let me explain it better..I am sure mallus here would have seen the movie 'Niram' by Kamal (wasn't it??) you remember the character of Jomol who keeps falling down everywhere?? well I actually am like that I keep falling here and there!!... so much so that now I have started telling it as my hobby!!!!!!!

I don't remember when i started it... and why.. but then i guess it could be because of my heavy nature you see according to physics theorems of gravity i guess mine is towards the sides and a bit more than the usual mankind!.. anyways let me share a few of my masterpeices of my hobby with you people...

This was during my school days.. I was in class 10th (or 9th.. does it matter??!!)and we were 8 of us who had opted for Sanskrit as second language. And this used to be held in another classroom in another block and so as usual all of us were walking to the class talking and teasing each other... and there were a few steps outside this block (which was always there from my class 1!!)and i was so busy talking with my friends and teasing and laughing that i dint see the steps.. the net result should i say?? A loud THUD and BANG and my books flying in all direction and me flat on the ground like how you do namaskar in a temple...!!!!! and my friends laughing their head off.. finally i somehow managed to sit up collect my books from all corners and slowly went to the class... even now when any of my school friends meet me they never forget to tell me how spectacularily i fell down that day!!!

I kept on falling after that on different places, roads, buildings, footpaths and buses too... ya buses too.. this happened when i was in my 2nd year college.. my friends and I were doing internship and a mini project in Ernakulam during our semester holidays... so One of my friends, DIvya and I used to tarvel by bus from my place to Ernakulam city (she was staying with me in Thrikkakara,kalamassery which is like half an hour away from city). so that fateful day also as usual we got ready and got into this bus and got a seat right in front just behind the front door..if anyone here is from cochin you would know how these private buses ride in the town... gosh!! unfortunately the bus we got into was in a race with his rival bus in front... Till we reached Palarivattom jn everything was fine (thats half way travel) and then it happened... the bus took a turn in full speed and me who was sitting with a bag in my lap and my mobile in my hand had swing from the seat (i was holding on to the rod in the side of the seat) and before i could blink or get a whiff of what was happening i was lying at the feet of the cleaner on the steps... he was surprised to see me "falling at his feet" (now please dont laugh!) but tell you what i was still holding on to my mobile (3600.. not worth it.. but still that was my first mobile!)which my friend Divya never forgot to tell whenevr this story came up!... and then of course they have now modified the story making it as it was not the turn of the bus but it was me who took the chance to fall at Mr.Cleaner's feet!!! ;)
    to be frank this wasn't the first time i fell at Cleaner's feet.. i had done that during my 12th calss in another bus in another route but that time i was not sitting but standing!!! i had held out my hand to my friend who stood beside me to halp me out but that girl was so shocked and so amused she forgot to hold my hand and lo.. i was at his feet and this time even he was laughing along with all the passengers in the bus!!! Rant

there was another time when all of us friends were walking on a busy road in the city and suddenly slipped and fell down and still i went on talking.. so my friends first dint understand that i had fallen down.. they were wondering why my sound sounded distant and from below than from the side!!!!!!
    other time again this time with another group i was walking towards the bus stop and lo.. all they heard was a big loud thud and one fellow found me at his feet!!!! he was shocked and jumped back!!!
    but even with all these falls i never fractured my leg or hands till my college... here i managed that too..!! :D
    we usually go to our college from hostel through the backdoor... somedays they wash that area with soap... on that day as we were running a bit late we were walking fast.. and i of course as usual sliipped on the soap and twisted my leg and fell... there is a small step there on which i hit my leg while slipping... my friends who were used to me falling soon got me up on my feet but as my dress was all wet from the soap i asked them to carry on and i went upstairs and changed and got on to the bed (now some use i should have of falling.. a half day leave atleast?!!! please... i fell down and it pains...!) soon the leg swelled up and the pain started becoming unbearable.. I tried to get up in vain.. so I lay back waiting for my friends.. When one came i told her to help me go to the washroom and so she helped me walk till there.. but the pain was so unbearable i fainted..!!!!! now she shouted and got some more friends to come and they brought me back to room... they did their own diagnosiss and pronounced i fainted because i have not had enough food!! (ha what an idea sirjee!!) so they forced in some slices of bread and banana (yuck i dint want anything...but who listens!!) and now i was ready for trip to washroom again (ya they fed me for the strength to go there!!!) but agian i fainted due to pain (i did tell them it was due to pain.. but once you are not well then it is they who are right and not you!!!)so now they said t cant be food it should be the pain!! (finally!!). BUt how to take me downstairs?? One girl, Aruna, who was a bit more heavier than me, told she will take dwonstairs on her back and thats what she did... carried me on her back all the way downstairs and then to dispensary in a car.... From there I was taken to a dispensary outside for x-ray and confirmed a "fractured leg"..
    i was dissppointed not because i got my leg fractured but because i had so many terriffic falls and when I fractured my leg it was because i fell on the steps of my hostel back door!!!! what a silly thing to say.... :shhh:

By the way that did not stop me.. i still haven't stopped my hobby.. i continue it still.. i almost got my hand fractured this time.. this was in April and in my office... I was busy with my project work 1)the project was in critical state... 2)that was my first project so tend to work even harder... I should also tell you I was engaged durig that time and My wedding was on Apr 21st.. and i was leaving next week home for the same... On that day i was so busy with work that I missed my actual shift bus at 6.30.. (now thats usual!) but then I dint want to miss my 8 PM bus because that would mean i wont get time to cook my dinner when i reach home.. And I had worked very hard and whole of that week and previous I was going late daily!! so by 7.50 i had finished most of the work that day and was about to shut down my machine when my PM came and asked me for a document.. so I had to spend 2-3 minutes to find it and then another some minutes to attach and send via my inbox which suddenly was giving me problem (which is of course not a surprise... when you are in a hurry nothing works!!) finally i sent it and looked up and saw it was just 8.. and my colleague was waiting for me.. she was already starting to run. and so inorder catch up with her i too started to run... i was just taking the turn around the corner of the cublicle towards the door and even now i dont what really happened.. all i can remember is i was lying on the ground...!! and i had hit my hand hard against the cublicle wall.... all the people in that wing was standing and looking from their place to see what caused the big noise (me falling of course can never be silent!!thats an art which I am doing research on now!)but you know what nobody came in to see if i was ok... except that poor friend who was in front of me... My hand was paining.. still I dint want to miss the bus so i got up and ran to the parking area... and i did manage to get into the bus but by then my hand has swelled up... after I reached my flat I went to doc along with my friends. I was asked to take an x-ray again and was told i have a mild crack... now i told him that my wedding was in 2 weeks so i cant really have a cast put on my hand.. so he agreed to put a bandage instead for 2 weeks!!!! Thank God the crack was't very deep or else I would have been deep trouble!!!!

and so my stories of falls go on and on.... now that reminds me.. i haven't fallen for some days now... which means I can expect one soon.... bonk

2. swathi14

swathi14 IL Hall of Fame

Hai Paru

Your title inspired me and I fell into your blog which if full of so many falls.

Nice story. I think so many flash backs are with u. Waiting to see one by one.

Nice blog and keep it up.

Andal

3. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Hi Paru,
    This might be a laughing matter for on lookers and who reads the blog. But I'll advise you to have a thorough clinical check up to find out the underlying cause for your frequent falls.Even the fall season comes only once in a year. Please take care.
    Love,
    PS

4. Paru147

Paru147 New IL'ite

thanks PS for your advise.. i guess its because I am flat footed... plus my walking style is different (inherited from father) like duck walk (thats what my mom calls it) where my foot goes sideways than forward.. well its because of both of it combined... may be one day i will get over the falling hobby!! :)

5. SupriyaDinesh

SupriyaDinesh Silver IL'ite

Dear paru..Girl..you had so many falls..Please take care.Loved your blog.

6. Amywos

Amywos Bronze IL'ite

Hey paru,

Your blog was fun. Hmm so had many 'spectacular' fallings huh? Though U would have felt terrible that time, here, u had put it in a humorous way. Yeah, some sad stuff in past appears funny in future :)
    But anyways, take good care..

Love,
    Amy

7. Haasinii

Haasinii Bronze IL'ite

Paru sweety...

one of my aunt also has this favourite hobby of yours...you just reminded me of her... :) but yeah in the begining she used to feel so embarassed however these days she laughs at herself whenever she slips or falls down :)

but yeah the greatness lies in getting up and laughing at it...

8. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Hi Paru,
    I kept falling down :rotfl:rotfl reading this blog of yours.
    I understand it must have been, painful or embarassing for you at that time..but you manage to give us a hilarious account of itBig Laugh.
    Take care. Bye

9. Ruhi

Ruhi Senior IL'ite

Hey Paru,

Nice Blog. Remembered me my one fall where I couldn't get up b'coz It happened in Trampoline which was made for small kids. You are lucky tat Ppl around U is very Cheerful. I had very Drowningembarrassing Experience ,Even ppl who came wid me started laugh a lot saying ,It happens. I learnt something from this :)
    Anyways,U have kept A/C of ur Falls very well.Dear plz check wid Doc y it happens very often.
    Take Care
    Luv

10. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Paru
    Wow what a great fall Ooops great write up on your hobby which is really a unique one, experience on falling down. It looks like now you are so perfect that you can exactly tell a person what type of fall it is.....haha