1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My First Subway (sandwich Eatery) Experience

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by creativemumma, Jan 24, 2017.

1. creativemumma

creativemumma Gold IL'ite

I was so naive when I joined m first job post graduation.

Till then I haven't tasted anything apart from Indian traditional food. Then it happened!

One fine day, a friend of mine took me to Subway after long day of shopping. We went in, as it was Saturday, I went to veg counter and he as usual strode in to Non-veg counter and started ordering his favourite sandwich.

It was my turn and the guy over the counter asked me whether I wanted a 6 foot long or 12 foot long sandwich. This part was easy as it was just about size and answered him. Next comes another question from him. Which bread I wanted to choose from?
    I didnt get the question. How many types of bread can it be- might be milk or wheat (that were the only types I knew then!) But he repeated his questions followed with 4 options - something like Grain Wheat, Grain Honey Oat, Italian and Parmesan Oregano. I didnt even wanted to embarrass myself by repeating the name. I answered him "The Last One!". He then asked me to choose my toppings. God! Another list to choose from and I haven't heard anything apart from chilli and tomato sauce then. Somehow I mumbled something and then again he posed his next question to choose the veggies
    I wanted to run away and have some Idli Sambar instead of humiliating myself. I was no longer hungry. It died long back.
    I played safe and choose the veggies I know like onion, tomatoes etc instead of the fancy ones like olives, jalapenos and bell peppers.

Don't exactly remember what else, but he pose his next question may be something about salads as accompaniments. But I just replied "That's fine..Nothing else"

I can never ever forget my first experience though I picked up later and frequented and rather bombarded them with my choices and preferences later !!!

subashini07, Amica, tcbhuvana and 6 others like this.

2. ashima10

ashima10 Platinum IL'ite

there is always a first time for everything :) chill !
    try jalapenos next time...you wnt regret...my mouth is watering when i think of it :)

Amica likes this.
  3. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

A six foot guy is enough for anyone. You must always look at his hands. Are they large, nails are clean, and no callouses.
    The next time, remember that you are the paying customer. No need to be shy. Ask questions, like how many types of breads do they have, what is in each of them, do they have preservatives, do they have specific allergans that you want to miss, etc...
    I am sure you'd have asked all that if that guy was 6 foot tall, and had a nice smile and large, smooth hands.

4. creativemumma

Yeah!
    This experience was of course 8 years back!

5. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

I love subway. But you got to be careful in selecting the toppings and patties. Some of them are so spicy that they can put vada pao to shame.

6. jillcastle

jillcastle Gold IL'ite

Well, the first time is always like that. This reminded me of an incident that happened when I first moved to US. While waiting in line, I was checking the menu and there was this 'Cheese burger'. Well lets face it, it says cheese so I thought it is just bread with cheese. So I ordered it. When I got the burger, I saw there was some patty and I assumed they give veggie patty for cheese burgers. When I took my first bite, I knew something was horribly wrong. I threw it away and later only when I checked with my manager he told me it was beef. Yuck! (No offense, just cant stand it.) These days I check with the waiter about the ingredients multiple times before ordering.

7. creativemumma

Oh is it!! I would love to try :yum:
    Please let me know if you remember the names..

8. creativemumma

OMG...That's Horrible...
    Good that you had realised it soon