My first baby died after delivery, when can i conceive again

Discussion in 'Post Pregnancy Care' started by vasuki85, Mar 23, 2011.

1. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

vasuki...

Big sorry for your loss....hugs!!!!
    I have no idea about the baby's problem but just have suggestions for you....

Please please dont start planning for your next baby immediately...your body would require loads of rest and you must take it....my co-sis had a miscarriage when she was in her 2nd trimester and after 3 months she conceived and the same miscarriage happened at 5 months(just like the first)....in her case too her body was not in the old state...she required rest but just becasue she wanted a baby soon,she conceived ,but then her body dint help her....

so please please dont plan for your next baby,....i feel its better you take good rest as you say you have BP,take good nutrious food,wait for your body to gain back the lost enerygy and then try for the next one,....you could probably wait for min 6 months and max 1 year according to me before you go for the next

May gold bless you!!!!!

2. vasuki85

vasuki85 New IL'ite

Yes Rosary, i took lot of medicines for contolliing BP.

3. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Vasuki, I am so, so sorry for your loss. I wish I could say something to comfort you but I am at loss for words.

From my limited knowledge, HIE is unfortunately fatal and the exact reasons are still unknown for this neurological condition. However, stage 2 HIE has very less survival rate. I am so sorry again dear. If it is of any consolation to you, let me assure you that your baby was not in pain. Let me also assure you that the research does not show that if the first baby is with HIE, the second would have it too. So do NOT worry.
    I am not sure if your baby had extensive/good neonatal care. But next time, something to thing about. Dont be hard on yourself. Its not your fault that baby had HIE. None of us would be prepared for these kinds of things until they hit us hard.

I am saying all this because I have been looking at various websites about deliveries and complications. For a professional advise, I guess you will have to go back to your physician.

I am with Swaran about planning for the second one. I think you need some time to recoup emotionally and physically before you start trying again.

Again, my deepest condolences to you.

4. dharshiniusa

dharshiniusa Bronze IL'ite

Dear vasuki,
    my deepest condolences to u

5. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vasuki,

Very sorry for your loss. I am not a doctor to give you any advice, but all I can say is, please take care of yourself and rest. As Rakhii said it is not your fault. Then please consult a good physician and learn about this issue and advices that you can follow. I am sure everything will be alright. God bless.

6. vasuki85

vasuki85 New IL'ite

Thank u swaran, Rakhi and Nadhu for ur kind words......
    Ur words are making me feel better